Know Your CEan - maria flor

Yo Yo! CrazyEngineers came up with one more awesome interview with one of our CEans, she is #-Link-Snipped-# 😀 who has contributed about 200 valuable posts to CE. Maria, a typical person who likes CE and inviting all her friends to be a part of our family. We are glad to present her words here 😀

Pallavi : Hi Maria, you are a Crazy Civil engineer, tell us more about yourself.
Maria :
I think this will be enough for an introduction about myself....I am Maria Flor Cantong, a third year Civil Engineering student from the Philippines. I am 19 years old. My family is the most valuable treasure that God has given to me that’s why I’ll do everything for them. I am just a very plain simple woman, not happy go lucky. Music and art makes my life wonderful and complete. I love to sing and play some musical instruments. I also have passion to some sports such as table tennis, sort of lawn tennis and chess. Playing those sports is fun. I believe that everything that happens to me is not an accident, but God has made it for me to grow up and learn all the valuable lessons in life.

Pallavi : How did you get introduced to CrazyEngineers (CE)?
Maria :
Actually, I found this site by mere accident. I am surfing the net about something I can’t remember, I was fascinated by this site’s name. Then I tried to open it and boom! I was here. Maybe God has a reason for bringing my mouse’s cursor in this site and whatever it is, I know it would bring up the best in me...je..je...

Pallavi : Why did you take up this particular engineering trade? What do you like the most about it?
Maria :
I really don’t know why I take up this engineering trade, I just only believe that my destiny brought me to this trade. As time pass by... I began to love it and became more interested in building bridges, buildings, railways etc.

Pallavi : As when you will be a project engineer, What type of dream project you want to build and implement?
Maria :
When I will be a project engineer I want to build bridges that will connect the 7100+ islands of the Philippines. I think Filipinos are not that really united because we are separated by the sea...je..je...

Pallavi : What is your favorite pass time?
Maria
:
During pass time, I play guitar or keyboard while singing. I also draw and sketch natures and cartoons. Sometimes play lawn tennis, table tennis and chess with my brothers and sister. Of course, I love eating, watching TV, some nature tripping and reading novels.

Pallavi : How you feel yourself being an Allrounder?
Maria :
I do feel good knowing that I can do these certain things. I am very thankful for all these gifts...these skills that God has given to me. Like what often said, “It’s hard to find contentment”. I am not yet contented with the things that I can do. I know that there will be a lot of things that I could learn that would bring the best in me as a person and as a professional later on.

Pallavi : Who are your idols or inspirations?
Maria
:
Every individual depends on something or someone for strength. My family is the greatest and most influential factor of who am I right now. Also, I found it inspiring to hear about people who from nothing becomes something, those who triumphed over their difficulties in life and succeed in their journey.

Pallavi : What is the biggest achievement in your life so far?
Maria
:
I can clearly remember one of the most memorable moments in my life. It’s when I won 3rd place during provincial Science and Technology quiz bee when I was 1st year high school. That was my biggest achievement so far because what I’ve been inspiring for is not yet within my reach.

Pallavi : What you like most about yourself?
Maria :
I love the way I stay the real me despite all factors and influences in the environment. I mean, I don’t just become like others, that I still can manage to become what I want to be. Also, I love the way I become curios about all the things that is happening around me. I love the way passion sprouts within my heart...passion for knowledge, truth, happiness and everything.

Pallavi : What makes you a 'crazy' engineer?
Maria :
I guess I could really call myself a ”crazy” engineer because of my undying urge to know more about this field not only because I am an engineering student but because of the fascinating truths, facts and discoveries that unfolds as time goes by.

Pallavi : What changes you found in yourself before and after joining CE?
Maria :
For three years, I have a doubt about why I chose to enter civil engineering. I am not a computer addict before. Because of my entry to CE, I found the reasons enough to convince myself that I am on the right track; that I am destined to be in this field.

Pallavi : How do you pull your friends to CE?
Maria :
I find CE as a very interesting site and can help not only me but also my other friends in Civil course. I’ve invited them and told them more about CE.

Pallavi : If you are given a chance to take a role in CE, what would you like to have and What would you do for CE?
Maria :
If I would be given any chance to role in CE I would like to be CE-ambassador... je..je... What would I do for CE??? uhm.. I invite all engineers and aspiring to be engineers from my country to join CE where they can share their opinions and knowledge regarding to engineering.

The CE Quickies aka Rapid Fire:

Pallavi : Who are the best CEans according to you?
Maria
:
Biggie, CP, CB, AKD, pravi, you, ES, GF, AJ, CD and more....

Pallavi : If you are granted 3 wishes, what would you ask for?
Maria
:
1. I wish that my brother and his classmates would pass the board exam for CPA
2. I wish that I have a healing power so that I can heal every people’s pains, sickness, everything that make them suffer instead of enjoying this beautiful life that God has given to us.
3. I wish that people will have understanding and fight towards each other... “We are not created by God to quarrel but instead to love each other”.

Pallavi : If you were not an engineer, you would be?
Maria
: If I would not be an engineer, I think I would be a Photographer or an artist, or a musician or even a Chef

Pallavi : Your biggest blooper till date is?
Maria
:
No such moment

Pallavi : A moment you can never forget.
Maria
:
When my Uncle was shot while he’s watching TV at their house.

Pallavi : 5 years from now, you will …
Maria
:
Be a civil engineer while studying Culinary arts or photography or music

Pallavi : If you were a politician, what will your 5 year plan look like?
Maria
:

1. Total log ban in Philippines
2. Free education from elementary to tertiary level
3. Providing jobs to poor Filipinos

Pallavi : What do you want to say about CE?
Maria
:
First of all... THANK YOU CE!!! You changed me a lot. Thank you for accepting me here. Entering in this site Crazyengineers, God has a purpose for me and I know that my presence here will be a great milestone of my life. To all CEans remember this :"He who does not (know how to) look back at his past (where he came from) will not reach his destination."

All the Very Best Maria! We are really Proud to have you on CE 😀

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Superb Answers Maria 😀

PS : I haven't edited even a single letter from your answers 😀
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    that's an awesome interview 😁

Good job sahithi. nice set of questions 👍

nice to know about you maria 😀 nice answers 😁
  • Reya
    Reya
    Nice answers Maria 😀I was expecting your KYCean since one week!

Your 2nd wish impressed me 😀 So sweet of you!

@sahithi:Great going 😛
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Awesome replies Maria!

Because of my entry to CE, I found the reasons enough to convince myself that I am on the right track; that I am destined to be in this field.
    I am sure you will go a long way with CE! 😀 Cheers!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    KYCEan is getting better with every new interview. It's so amazing to know our fellow CEans.

@Maria Flor: Awesome answers. You make CE proud!

@Pallavi: You're doing an awesome job! Great questions!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Thank you so much Princess, Pravee, Biggie 😀
    This is my pleasure to interview our fellow CEans!
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Thank you so much!!! It's a great pleasure being interviewed here, even though I'm just new in CE.
    @ SP: Got nosebleed in answering your questions...LOl
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    maria flor
    @ SP: Got nosebleed in answering your questions...LOl
    ha ha! Why? they are many? or they are tough? 😀
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Just kidding...
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Nice to know about you maria 😀 keep it up.. You are a very talented CEan and I really appreciate your contributions to CrazyEngineers.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Awesome answers Maria.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Awesome answers maria....😀
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Too good interview... Nice to know about you Maria..😛
    Great work Pallvi.. 😛
    CE and CEans rock
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    sahithi pallavi
    Pallavi : As when you will be a project engineer, What type of dream project you want to build and implement?
    Maria :
    When I will be a project engineer I want to build bridges that will connect the 7100+ islands of the Philippines. I think Filipinos are not that really united because we are separated by the sea...je..je...
    I like this answer. Philippines has so many islands! Maybe can connect to Malaysia as well, perhaps increased bilateral trade and tourism will benefit both countries 😀
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    ash
    I like this answer. Philippines has so many islands! Maybe can connect to Malaysia as well, perhaps increased bilateral trade and tourism will benefit both countries 😀
    I love your idea!!!
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    @maria :you can put your KYCean as in your signature now 😀
  • nikeace003
    nikeace003
    nice work flor.
  • Reya
    Reya
    Can CEans put forth some questions to Maria(not personal)??
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    cooldudeiet
    @maria :you can put your KYCean as in your signature now 😀
    just finished.
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    praveena211
    Can CEans put forth some questions to Maria(not personal)??
    Sure...why not???
  • Rajeev129
    Rajeev129
    Maria, i cant believe that you are a 3rd student. We wish to see you at top most position in Civil Engineering. Great going, all the best for rest of life, keep in touch.
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Rajeev129
    Maria, i cant believe that you are a 3rd student. We wish to see you at top most position in Civil Engineering. Great going, all the best for rest of life, keep in touch.
    Thanks
    Welcome to CE Rajeev!!!
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    nice interview 😀 good set of questions pallavi 😀 and nice answers by maria 😀
  • gsk_ssit
    gsk_ssit
    nice interview
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Pallavi : If you are granted 3 wishes, what would you ask for?
    Maria :
    1. I wish that my brother and his classmates would pass the board exam for CPA
    Now this wish came true.😀 I'm very happy😁
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Nice to know you Maria! Let your aspirations come true. God Bless!!
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Awesome Interview Maria... 😁 Good to know about you!!! 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi friends, i am here with the thread for solar energy if we think about solar energy there comes 3 questions into existence 1.why we went to solar energy? 2.what...
Hi friends, Ever wondered of a crank shaft? Well this is a single one piece casting or a forged part.The material is heat treated alloy steel.The crankshafts may be unbalanced.So...
I remember ever since I was in IT company the most common complaint every software engineer had was the food served in IT companies. I'm not sure why - but...
What if HR asks this? You didn't completed your work within the deadline since you got some technical problem in your company and the client is shouting at you and...
Hey Guys If anybody has information related to neuclear-cytoplasmic ratio (the actual values for the 3 stages of cervical cancer(i.e HSIL LSIL and normal) please help me out here .any...