Know Your CEan - English-Scared

CEans,
Our fellow CEan English-Scared aka Saandeep is with us since January 2009. In short period of time; he's contributed over 700 posts, organized CE Meet at Hyderabad (India) and was nominated for CEan of The Month April '09. You'll find him helping new members, promoting CE, contributing to technical discussions and helping mods. Our ambassador CEan Durga had a chat with CEan English-Scared. Check it out.
Ahem! You sure should have at least once encountered with the Carlie Chaplin of CE. He is mostly seen guiding newbies, spotting spammers , making tense situations lighter with his one-liners.
Though known by user ID English-Scared, he is nice and conversant with English .

Presenting Saandeep...

CE: OK ES aka Sandeep! A automation tester by work How is it like being a Software professional tester? What kind of testing you do?

Saandeep: I do Automation testing using few tools. I do Functional testing, Performance testing and Stress testing.

CE: When one says testing, people have a different notion that it’s something lesser potion of challenge to development. So do you agree? How do you describe your work?

Saandeep: I agree with people.Since I had just shifted my company ,I will mostly tell about my previous one.My work is generally invovles finding faults and it’s easy as far as automation is concerned , it’s really fun .We code it once and it runs many number of times...

CE: Human nature of finding faults eh?

Saandeep: Yes typical human nature.If we are given a white paper with a dot in middle ,everyone will concentrate on that black dot,but not on whole the white paper. About automation? I can give a lecture if you want that ...in both the companies where I have worked , I have been giving series of seminars on automation, tool specific session etc .

CE: So you do scripting while automation, right? So tell us more about scritping.

Saandeep: Yes. I script cases in VB script. In automation testing we script the scenarios which are mostly re-tested many number of times such that manual effort will not be wasted on that

CE: Oh! I have a question for you here. Manual testing has intelligent decisions which the humans analyze when they find a defect, how does automation testing do this?

Saandeep: Yes. That’s correct. Through automation testing we cannot completely guarantee 100 percent of effective testing.But with intelligent scripting we can over-come this back draw to a very large extent. Since it's a tool it does what we instruct. We need to go in a quite logical way that our script covers all the scenarios..

CE: So work apart, what else you do?

Saandeep: Aha! Firstly thanks. I have a principle not discuss work when am away from office, I have lot more things to do apart from work - I read novels. I sing songs, write few songs, few of them are in movies and my own created stuff and I play guitar some times as well... I like talking with friends daily

CE: Cool! CEans are creative people. I think no one CEan is limited to one thing. Being some one who places himself in past and analyze how would the outcome be , do you believe in thinking and acting or acting and then thinking about actions?

Saandeep: Sometimes , for important issues I will think plan and act and for few others things-I will act and if it fails I think why it failed...I will laugh at my face in the mirror and will forget that

CE: Do you believe in role models?

Saandeep: Sometimes. I like the words they say,whoever says it no issues,if I like the statement I will try to implement it in my life .Will tell u one example-Recently my previous employer CEO came to visit India.He was asked a question-how do u stay always enthusiastic? He answered "Life is too short to do the things which you are not proud of" I read it many times and I quit alcohol. CEan CrazyBoy's signature is also one more example.

CE: So Where does ES himself see himself after 3 yrs?

Saandeep: Here it self in CE completing 3 years. I don’t plan my life that long but if everything goes well I want to Complete my MBA and start a company of my own, I want to give employment for few other people . I have not yet decided what type of company that would be but that's my dream...

CE: OK! I have something for you ! A rapid fire session which is a norm in CE. You need to answer truth or dare questions within 10secs

CE: Learning new stuff or brushing up old ones?

Saandeep : I learn new stuff only once...I will remember forever... but I will learn only fewer topics

CE: Salt or sugar?

Saandeep: Sugar

CE: 1 buck on road in pocket or in charity box?

Saandeep: ok..from childhood my mother says if you get money on road give it to God. So to God.

CE: If that 1 buck was 10 million then?

Saandeep: Then again, if i get on road to god..

CE: Anything you would want to change in CE?

Sandeep: hmm..if we have a separate template for asking questions in different fields it would be great.

CE: Four wishes you would wish in life?

Saandeep: Give me the power to make corruption free India..want to see my photo on the cover page of a business magazine..that's at only 2.

CE: Only 2?

Saandeep: yes...

CE: What would you want to convey to fellow CEans?

Saandeep: Smile always...and make others smile

CE: Thanks ES for having such a pleasant session of KYCean for CE

Saandeep: That’s my pleasure ..

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Durga joined us on 5th October 2008, rose rapidly through the ranks and became part of the pioneering CE-Ambassador team. She has taken a lot of initiatives on CE including...
Gerard Beekmans CEans, One of the wildest dreams most of the hardcore computer science engineers have is to build their own operating system from scratch. Well, if you are a...
We are happy to announce that crazy electrical engineer, CEan English Scared is our CEan of the month May 2009! CEan English Scared's exceptional contribution to CE forums has lead...
CEans, CrazyEngineers got covered in June '09 issue of India's leading magazine - Outlook Money. Outlook Money wanted to publish information on startups that began their journey with a seed...
CEans, Dr. Stephen Wolfram, creator of WolframAlpha & Mathematica has agreed to answer your questions on CrazyEngineers! The deadline for posting your questions is Sunday evening (June 07, 2009) Wolfram...