Know the Armed Forces

I see that many are interested in the Armed Forces. I have started a thread regarding that. Everyone can share information about their country's one armed forces unit at a time. They may type or provide a link.

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    I will start by giving the links about MARCOS. It is an elite spec. ops. unit of the Indian Navy and very few people(even in India) know about it's existence.

Here are 2 links about it for all of you to read.
    Marcos
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • smita89
    smita89
    Oh this is an amazing thread you started raj! Kudos to you.
    Being a part of the army since I was born, I'm proud of Indian Army in ways one cannot even comprehend ๐Ÿ˜€

These are the pages on 404: Page not found
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Interesting thread. Here is what I grew up in :

Read More Here : Rajput Regiment

The Rajputs are a martial clan of northern India. The Britishers realised that they will form a valuable part of the Royal British Army and hence inducted them as regular soldiers in the 31st Bengal Native Infantry, which was later turned into 3rd Rajput.

There are many many instances of Rajput gallantry in all the wars that they have been a part of, right from winning Cuddalore from Hyder Ali to the Kargil war.

In fact, my fathers unit was the first unit in the Indian Army to receive a COAS citation for its efforts during Op Rhino.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    raj87verma88
    I will start by giving the links about MARCOS. It is an elite spec. ops. unit of the Indian Navy and very few people(even in India) know about it's existence.

Here are 2 links about it for all of you to read.
    Marcos
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Awesome, I love reading about other special forces. Bearded commandos reminds me of the old school SAS squadrons back in the 80's ๐Ÿ˜›

Royal Malaysian Navy's spec ops unit is called PASKAL, short for Pasukan Khas Laut, or Special Naval Forces. They have more funding than the other spec op armed branches in the country since Malaysia is primarily a maritime nation.

Links:
    Royal Malaysian Navy Paskal
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Awesome info guyz!!!

Thats why I love CE, its full of crazyguyz, who posts some crazy information in all the sections.

-CG
  • smita89
    smita89
    Here's another one about the Engineers in Indian Army

Indian Army Corps Of Engineers

TOO BAD that girls can't join Engrs ๐Ÿ˜”

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

any one have any idea about wegind and proximity card and card reader
Any user of Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ ? Previously I were having the Reliance plug and play 1x whose speed was pathetic (in comparision to what I were paying). Now I...
HEy everyone! I wanted an advice regarding laptops. I am really confused which brand to prefer while buying a new laptop. Can u help me with this please? My range...
๐Ÿ˜Hai friends, I am abi, entering my 1st yr Engineering in Instrumentation&Control on Aug17.๐Ÿ˜ can i know ,how was the subject&opportunities?๐Ÿ˜•
hey guys m a 2nd yr mechanical engg. student temme how 2 apply 4 summer training at tata motors and maruti udyog???