John Parker & Sons To Reduce Wasted Stock Levels And Costs With Inventory Planning To

10 December 2009 - John Parker & Sons, the steel and tool processor and distributor, has turned to #-Link-Snipped-# to reduce the amount of wasted stock and improve efficiencies by up to 40 per cent.
The firm decided to implement a new planning tool to reduce stock levels and overall costs to combat the difficult economic climate. It selected INFORM’s #-Link-Snipped-# for its ability to reduce stock by up to 40 per cent, reduce #-Link-Snipped-# costs by up to 50 per cent and increase service levels.
Malcolm Nicholson, purchasing manager at John Parker & Sons, explains: “In times like these, planning and procurement is just as complex but there may be restrictions on headcount. It is imperative to find a way to work smarter, and with INFORM’s add*ONE software, we are confident that we have found a strong solution to minimise our stock levels in the most efficient way, without impacting our customers.”
“One of the biggest problems logistics professionals face, despite the evolution of ERP systems over the past few years, is the ability to reduce excess inventory intelligently. By optimising #-Link-Snipped-#, a business can decrease the stock it doesn’t need and increase the stock it does. This ensures that companies can preserve service levels while reducing excess stock and in turn transfer cost savings direct to the bottom line,” explains Cathy Humphreys, UK country manager at INFORM.
Designed as an add-on system to existing IT infrastructure, the add*ONE Inventory Optimizer provides wholesale businesses with a total minimised cost solution for purchasing and storing goods.
For further information please visit the #-Link-Snipped-# website (#-Link-Snipped-#).

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Myself and my friends are discussed today about the topic(infact it was a debate), and it was and fun and interesting and I want to know , what are the...
Hi guys, right now i'm doing mechanical engineering 3rd year at malla reddy engineering college at hyderabad. Right now i'm facing a huge dilemma of whether to continue my studies...
[Youtube]1hrWjkn_DHs[/Youtube] Norwegian authorities are investigating strange lights seen in the arctic sky. The spiraling white light was seen for several minutes on Wednesday morning.
Hello Guys and Gals, sorry for being here after a long time. Yesterday i was wandering over the net and suddenly i got a blazing speed of 2.18 Mbps for...
The second offering in the Twilight Saga, New Moon is releasing today The movie has raised great popularity all over the world and has turned into a rage Here is...