jig manufacturing

hai to every one, i am in 4th b-tech (andhra pradesh), i want to manufacture a drill jig, i have idea & visualisation but i don't have standard design data....
some one please send me data regarding drilljig.

Replies

• omtrehan
    omtrehan
    What kind of drill jig you want design? Any drill jig is based on component design and tolrance etc required>
  • slugger
    slugger
    your question is too vague and your ideas about jigs comes across as weak [no offence buddy 😉, just an observation]

I suggest you go through a good handbook on Jigs and Fixture handbook

Our college got a few copies of Jig and Fixture Design Manual by Erik Henriksen

Though Final year guys get preferrence, I was able to go through it and I must say it is pretty darn awesome - must read for Jig and fixture designers
  • kingsly
    kingsly
    hey
    1.first select the drawing of the component to be made by drilling..
    2.using the drawing, design the jig according to some standards such as IS and select various parameters of jig...
    3.draw the detailed drawing of the jig and start production
  • bajiprakash
    bajiprakash
    [FONT="] thanks for reply...i have selected the drawing of the component to be made by drilling, by using that drawing design of jig was started ....in that process i have a confusion regarding standards such as IS and parameters of jig......i gone through
    various hand books for jigs & fixtures... but i couldn't find desired standards for my drill jig. send me where i can find more hand books for j[/FONT][FONT="]igs & fixtures.
    [/FONT]
  • omtrehan
    omtrehan
    Thanks for the suggetion to read more. Will do so and will try to find the specific book by Erik Henriksen you have mentioned. Best of luck on your project.

OmTrehan

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Friends, why dont we chat on some current technologies ... which are useful to us, helps in updating our minds??come n share ....Lets starts I want to learn PHP......more jobs...
i m now in 3rd year of my engineering.... i have attended the implant training offered by indian southern railway in chennai on the topic of satellite and telecommunication field......
battle has begin between these two khans...... SRK showed his 6 packs in om shanti om😎 but AAMIR is now showing his 8 packs in ghajini....😉 shahrukh has launched new...
Hey everyone, I am Parth, an Engineering first year student from Rutgers University. I joined Crazy Engineers because I wanted to know what was out there in the real world...
Am a IInd year stdent..and i've started doing a FM transmitter intercom....can anyone give their ideas also pls..... the circuit tht i have in mind...is fm transmitter circuit with an...