Jane McGonigal: How Gaming Will Add Ten Years to One's Life Span

It appears that gaming can add ten years to one's life span. At 73 I am not too enamoured to add ten years more to whatever is left for me. Looks to me it is an excuse to while away time.
On the other hand, there are serious studies done about people playing strategy games and the beneficial effects on their later life.

Jane McGonigal makes a case for how gaming is good for one.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Here is direct TED you tube video

πŸ‘ for An Epic Win .
    Proud to be GAMER😁😁.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Does FPS games counts too in life increase or only strategy?πŸ˜›
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    [Prototype]
    Does FPS games counts too in life increase or only strategy?πŸ˜›
    Some FPS & TPS games need strategy to complete the quest like Battlefield 3, Hitman series.
    So umm any gaming genre in which you have to use brain in strategic manner can increase life ..
    Again, can gaming increase life?I doubt πŸ˜›

Playing Dota2,LoL & HoN will make you invincible πŸ˜›
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The more you play the faster your fingers move in the keyboard they activate pressure points in your fingers giving you more activity and thus life I guess I am right
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Conqueror
    The more you play the faster your fingers move in the keyboard they activate pressure points in your fingers giving you more activity and thus life I guess I am right
    Man.. if that is true then Typists would be longest living species..πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰
  • lal
    lal
    Just yesterday saw something like gaming took a man's life in a bit more than 2 days. The story happened in South Korea where a person got so much involved in gaming and he played continuosly for 52 straight hours. His body had to deal with unbearable stress and in the end he collapsed to death.
    Source : NatGeo

Go to Gym gamers or go play football out. Will add 20 years to life 😁
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    It's big difference between getting "addicted" to games & "playing" games. I used to play 14 straight hours in World of warcraft during 10th vacation, doing Arenas, duels, raiding alliance capital cities & battlegrounds & I have seen my friends stucking up to WoW for more than 16 hours per day.Whenever we 4 guys meet, the talk revolves around wow, it's mechanics, key-bindings,addons, which class is superior,gears, weapons,bragging about gaming skills,farming, honorable kills, achievements, reputation & all that shit. We all have quitted it now.

Truth to be told, I was addicted to this game, it was like no turning back, it was my cocaine until I deleted all my toons & disconnected internet for straight 3 months.It sucked my one & half year,I turn recluse & was running away from people, marks in diploma from 9.1 declined to 8.8 then big fall to 7.8, hopefully jumped back at right time after detoxifying myself.When i thought i have everything, I lost it all.

MORAL : Never play online mmorpgs(especially warcraft), play single player games which has no use of internet, 5-10 hours of gaming & game's finished.

I believe everything has it's cons & pros, everything should be in limit; but something you should never try πŸ˜‰
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Really man, MMORPG's are addiction, I used to play LOL continuously all day and all night, and even used to have dreams that I am playing LOL 😑. It was a real tough job to leave that game (and became possible when I deleted game along with setup), So those are lucky who have not gotten into craze of games like WOW, LOL, HON.... and those who are addicted gamers, may lord save thy soulsπŸ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: In a new study, a team of researchers from South Korea, Japan, and the UK has fabricated a half-adder logic circuit using just five transistors Their paper, titled "One...
Here is mouth watering basket of gadgets and more including a camera, which lets you shoot first and focus later! I am glad that I am not a gadget freak....
can anyone can help me? i do not understand about that
This is perhaps the first convertible Windows 8 tablet entering the Indian market. The Vaio Duo 11 SVD11213CNmodel to be launched in India has Windows 8 in it. Other tech...
Oh boy ! Here we go again instead of adding at .x in its version Mozilla has moved on to its new numbered version. This new version comes with Facebook...