IzzyBike - This Chainless 2-Wheel Drive Bike Is Cooler Than Your 4WD SUV

My childhood memories would be incomplete without those annoying events of my bike's chain falling off the gears whenever I was late for the school. I believe most of you would love to have bicycles without the chains; but that'd be similar to a car without an engine! The latest innovations in bicycle designs have now allowed total removal of the chain and even put a 2 wheel drive system in the bike! Ain't that cool? Inventor Marek Jurek from Poland has engineered this new innovative bike that has several advantages over the regular, boring bikes. Read on...

Izzy-Bike-2WD

First things first - if the design makes you think that this bike is similar to that of a child's tricycle; then let us me tell you that the design allows you to stop pedalling and yet have the wheels rolling. It also allows for the bike to be folded in just a few seconds so that it can fit in your car's trunk.

izzybike-bicycle

The most interesting part of the IzzyBike is the ability to turn it into a 2WD system. Just add a jockey wheel and it'll link the front and the rear wheels. The bike promises a comfortable ride and comes with an additional benefit of turning heads on the campus. Check out this demo video of the IzzyBike. Do let us know your thoughts on the design.

Source: izzybike.eu

Replies

• Siddhant Mukherjee
    Siddhant Mukherjee
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Great innovation with two wheel drive. But won't the jockey wheel lose contact when we turn the handle beyond a limit?

Talking about chainless bicycles, they have been in market for almost 100 years. Chainless bicycles use shaft drive. The ride is better in a shaft driven bicycle and also its not affected by weather. But it comes with a disadvantage of added cost due to usage of gears and also inability to provide gear ranges as the derailleurs provide. This makes chain drive more favourable.

Here is a video of shaft driven bicycle.

For more information: Shaft Driven Bicycle
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    So cool!
    Great innovative idea.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    S.mukherjee
    Great innovation with two wheel drive. But won't the jockey wheel lose contact when we turn the handle beyond a limit?
    I second you on this.

& I think there may be issues using 2WD during rainy season too.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    S.mukherjee
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Great innovation with two wheel drive. But won't the jockey wheel lose contact when we turn the handle beyond a limit?

With my limited knowledge it will not loose contact with front wheel in regular drive.

On ir-regular turns where we want to turn probably more than 150 degrees, per me this bike will work on front wheel and as soon as we are done with turning area, again jockey wheel will get the contacts of both the cycles.
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    Rajni Jain
    With my limited knowledge it will not loose contact with front wheel in regular drive.

On ir-regular turns where we want to turn probably more than 150 degrees, per me this bike will work on rear wheel and as soon as we are done with turning area, again jockey wheel will get the contacts of both the cycles.
    only front wheel will work on turning area
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Gurwinder Singh
    only front wheel will work on turning area
    Agree, that was typo on my part.
    As Paddles are on front wheel, only front wheels will work on turnings.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

India's ambitious Mars Orbiter Mission is currently on track and the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has announced that the second Trajectory Correction Maneuver aka TCM-2 has been successfully performed....
Facebook Messenger for iOS received a major update in its latest version. Apart from the usual bug fixes and new stickers, it now has the features for "instant video sending"...
Hi, I am a Soft Skill Trainer and a Resume Writer. I had 7 yrs experience as a HR in a Multinational Company. If any one is looking for Soft...
Dears, All of us know that chemical reaction between calcium oxide (quicklime) with water will produce heat energy strongly by the following equation: Cao + H2O = Ca(OH)2 -> releases...
i've heard that hp laptops are not as good as they used to be and dell laptops are better in comparison to hp laptops these days. is it really true?