Israeli military develops robot snake for battlefield, children's nightmares

#-Link-Snipped-#
While this is by no means the first time we've seen a #-Link-Snipped-# prototype, it isn't every day that we find one so close to deployment. This self-propelling, two feet long robot can crawl along the ground, climb through debris, and even stand erect to give the operator a better view. The Israeli Defense Force is will use this thing for routine surveillance and reconnaissance, broadcasting video and sound to a monitor and control station. And if this is not enough? In that case, the prototype can be wired with explosives -- making it, according to the Jerusalem Post, a "suicide snake." Fun! And rather upsetting. No proposed price or timetable yet, but you can see the thing in action for yourself after the break.
#-Link-Snipped-#

Filed under: #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-# originally appeared on Engadget | Technology News & Reviews on Tue, 09 Jun 2009 18:03:00 EST. Please see our #-Link-Snipped-#.

#-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• channie
    channie
    it is definitely scary with the explosives. This robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction. So much for the Three Laws of Robotics.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ok, I have been in a few seminars in college 5 to be all and many in school In school I had to do what teachers said but in college...
OK friends I am gonna face the end of college on 23rd which is the date of my last exam I am looking for a job for a few years...
Help Me Making a coil with AC voltage and 1GHz freq possible???? I am having a wild idea for creating a new energy source but well I am still pretty...
heya friends I have been here from a pretty long time but never introduced myself:shifty: Its Kashish Malhotra I am 18 years old. I am an Electrical Engineering Student(final year...
​ Linux just gets sexier and sexier, and Fedora 11 just joined Ubuntu 9.04 in the ranks of super modern Linux distros released this year. Fedora doesn't have all the...