Is this a better bicycle pedal design?

Whenever we talk about a better bike design; the most ignored part is the pedals. The cyclists may know that it's a very important part of the bike and we need some improvements in the design of the pedals. I found this design from a german company that offers the much needed innovation, along with a claim that this design will offer much better support to legs.

bius1-red_pur-1000x750

Here's a video that explains the whole thing -

What do you think about the design? Is there anything else that can be added?

PS: I personally never liked the pedals that move in and out. My own bike had a broken pedal that'd move exactly the same way; but it annoyed me to hell.

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    I do not know what is so innovative about this. The video claims that the pedals moving in and out, provides more comfort to the rider's feet.

This claim can be justified, only if we personally test-drive a bike with such pedals, and experience how it feels.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    I don't think any innovative thing brought in this format of pedals. I have used bicycle and have never felt any pain in heavy riding the cycle. It totally depends on the way a person rides the bicycle. But there is a fact that every invention is based on come facts and figures. So, I too will say that the perfection of this peddle can be proved only after having a test ride on the cycle with these pedals.
  • lal
    lal
    Not quite able to comment on how that pedal can help support the legs.

But as far as I know, adjusting the seat height and pedal length help to some extent in achieving painless long drives. If the seat height is so adjusted that, at the lowest point of the pedal circle the leg is fully stretched, it somehow helps reduce the stress on legs and feel less pain when riding for long. This kind of adjustment can be seen on hardcore bicycle riders and racers.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So, today I woke up thinking about the most creative, fun and interesting ways to hire people for a startup or a big company and started browsing about it. I...
iBall has been steadily launching a host of new smartphones in the Indian market. The latest entry from the company is iBall Andi 5.5N2 Quadro - an Android 4.2 Jelly...
Qualcomm today announced a new 64-bit chipset for mobile phones that are high-volume and entry-level. Called the Qualcomm Snapdragon 410, here we have a chipset developed using the 28nm process...
I've just gone through a post on businessweek.com and I was surprised to hear about it. Microsoft's Apple Investment: The Worst Deal of Them All? What do you think about...
Engineers are the core of entrepreneurship but the front end problems arise with legal hitches. Many startups fail in absence of proper compliance. Many vanish with bad contract deals. But...