Is presence required in the conference to get the paper published

Dear All,

Is it really compulsory to be present in the conference to get our papers published?

For instance, recently I had written a paper to an IEEE conference. After about three months, the reviews came and they were positive. My paper was accepted. Then I did all the formalities like registration, IEEE plagiarism policy sign. etc and then I submitted the camera ready format to the conference. Then they returned a PDF version of my paper with Header containing Conference Signature (its name, year, place etc) and the Footer having some ISSN number. Then they gave me a formal invitation to attend the conference. Unfortunately, I could not attend the conference.
Are there any chances of my papers getting rejected from getting published?

Replies

• Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Normally, attendance of at least one of the authors is necessary for the paper to be published in the conference proceedings and for the paper to be archived to the corresponding database. A paper presentation in person is required at the conference. Otherwise the paper may not be cited as a published paper and may not show up in the conference proceedings/online archives.

Again, this is true for most conferences (that I have come across). I am almost sure this will be true for any IEEE conference as well. To be completely doubt free, visit the conference page and read carefully through the "call for papers" section or the corresponding section where papers are invited for the conference. There you will usually find this information.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If all the recent teasers from Lenovo-owned Motorola are to be believed, Moto M’s launch could soon be expected in India. The said smartphone, Motorola’s first with all metal design...
Check out this article. It's about one of my professors Ashish Kulkarni sir. He's the God of Economics to us. We enjoy his lectures at Symbiosis, Pune. Check out his...
Disclaimer: No idea what this is about. Came to my inbox in a newsletter. Posting as is , where is for whatever it is worth. Quote: PragmaDev launches PragmaDev Studio...
Good day guys. I'm looking forward to work on "GENERATING ROAD TRAFFIC INFORMATION FROM CELLULAR NETWORKS". i will like to do a simulation or a prototype of this during the...
Lava Mobiles has very quietly unveiled their brand new handset, the X50 Plus on the official website. The Lava X50+ which is priced at Rs. 9,199 boasts of some nifty...