Is it possible to switch over from a career in Structural analysis to CFD analysis?

Hello friends, i put forth this question to all my mates here who are working in CFD or Ansys related jobs. Others are also welcome to share their knowledge on this.

My question is, if i start working in a simulation company which runs simulations and analysis on solid objects for design, is it possible for me to switch careers and go over to CFD and fluid analysis a couple of years down the line? Would the experience in solid analysis be counted?

Replies

• mechky
    mechky
    Generally speaking, the experience will not be counted. But still it will depend on the type of industry in which you were working earlier and the industry in which you want to shift. Although in most cases the experience will not be counted.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, switching streams is indeed difficult; but it's not 'impossible'. How'd you justify leaving your current domain and opting for a new domain you aren't experienced in? Plus, it's little difficult to win the interviewer's confidence in such situations.
  • Vivien.hugo
    Vivien.hugo
    Nothing is impossible as long as you convince the interviewer that you can do well in the new domain.
  • ironman
    ironman
    Thank you friends. i really wanted sound advice on this. The realization that i want to be in the fluids domain dawned on me only after i entered the solid design field.
    I got my parents to invest a lot to teach me cad softwares before this. Now if i want to enter CFD the cad softwares would be of no use to me and i would have to learn CFD separately. I didn't want to tax my parents anymore so i decided i will continue here and learn CFD later with my hard earned money.
    Thanks for responding guys!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😀 I am an instrumenntation engineer now a lecturer 👍 planning to do my M.E asap
This time lapse video isn interesting piece on how the rings were put up:
Can you give me some sample responses to the HR interview question Why did you get lower grades or marks during graduation?
Dear CE Please find attached Presentation on " Good Construction Practices in Reinforcement Detailing " - By Sri S.Jaswant Kumar, Chief Engineer, Roads & Buildings Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh....
Hey friends , I want to populate the dropdown menu on selecting another dropdown menu. I try javascript but I couldn't do it. What I want to do is there...