Is it possible to hack any system with metasploit only?

I am just a script kiddie who request you all to explain what metasploit is and how can i master on it with having some basic stuff about working with pen-test tools.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Tagging our security expert #-Link-Snipped-# . Sir, could you please help? 

• Amar Oke
    Amar Oke

In general hackers or crackers aim to install their own payload on the compromised machine. With Metasploit you can do that without having any networking or security knowledge. Simply run a few commands and you will be cracking into remote machines. My friends used it to create APKs that were distributed over file sharing websites. People are so stupid that they download anything that's labelled FREE. Once the user has downloaded the APK you can literally own their phone. I won't go into details; but I know it works because I saw it with my eyes. 

Just a word of caution though. Be careful to not cause any damage to the client machine. The bigger problem is dealing with police who won't understand the difference between cracking and safe-hacking. 

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - you might have worked on this? 

• Naveen Sunil
    Naveen Sunil

I wouldn't say that you can hack into any system with metasploit. But what you can get is atleast a basic connection with the target through vulnerabilities present in the machine. Metasploit can get you a shell in quick time if you have all detailed report about the target system. 

Now what is hard part in Metasploit is getting your payload to the target successfully. There are numerous ways to do that.

But just using metasploit you cannot do any miracle. If you have all info about your target then Metasploit makes thing easy for you.

• Amar Oke
    Amar Oke

Thank you, #-Link-Snipped-# . It is difficult to get the access to the root account of the remote system. #-Link-Snipped-# - What's your use case for using it? Try it first on your college network.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We are super happy and excited to launch the latest feature on CrazyEngineers - Connections!Connections is one of the most important features we were working on since past few weeks...
As much I enjoy CE, I hate the fact that it drops me an e-mail upon my each activity.Yeah, I could put CE alias in spam, but I don't want...
Greetings. Please do you offer online training? I wish to receive online training on chemcad. In interested on mastering chemical process simulation, equipment design and process optimisation using chemcad.  
I'm exploring the possibility of adding index on a fixed-length VARCHAR column on table in MySQL database I'm working on. This table is expected to grow big very quickly [over...
Swiggy Stores has been announced and the food delivery game's just got more interesting. Swiggy said that their delivery boys will now deliver not only food from restaurants, but also...