Is it easy to quit your job and start your venture?

This is typically a wannabe entrepreneur's dilemma. Those who are employed and enjoy a monthly paycheck and have been recently beaten by the entrepreneurial bug will have to answer this question. Is it really easy to quit your job and start your own business? It could be in a domain that is directly related your experience or something completely different?

What are the steps to be taken? How should one go about it? This thread is dedicated to all such discussions.

Replies

• TinaT
    TinaT
    Double check your business plan, put enough money in savings to support yourself for 6 months beyond when you think your biz will be profitable, then JUMP... and a net will appear.
    Not necessarily an easy thing to do, but well worth it.
    I've had my best nights of sleep since I quit my job and went out on my own.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    TinaT
    Double check your business plan, put enough money in savings to support yourself for 6 months beyond when you think your biz will be profitable, then JUMP... and a net will appear.
    Not necessarily an easy thing to do, but well worth it.
    I've had my best nights of sleep since I quit my job and went out on my own.
    Awesome. Why not share your startup experiences with us? Do you think having a plan-B ready gives a little comfort? What was going through your mind when you decided to quit your job?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is it so that Philips recruits only electrical engineers? If so, I am sure electrical engineers can shed some light here. Their recruitment procedure is as follows: 1. Written Exam...
It seems that every young engineer out there is running after a job in MNC. I find a very minute percentage of engineer who want to do something different and...
I saw a couple of my friends sharing their about.me pages & was intrigued to know more about it. I found out their video here: [video=vimeo;19914735]https://vimeo.com/19914735[/video] Has anyone set up...
Thousands of people have taken GRE by now. It would be great if you share some tips and suggestions for new GRE study.
HackTrack with Techfest 2012,Asia's Largest Science & Technology Festival of IIT,Bombay for more details you can visit the below link https://www.techdefence.com/hacktrack-iit.php