Is hacking someone's password is too illigal to send into Jail for 5 years

#-Link-Snipped-#
I agree that stealing password is not legal.
But on almost every website it clearly given that you should have stronger password and should not share with any one.
What I mean to say is , if you have option to choose a stronger lock. then why you are keeping a weak lock and if someone broke them you are accusing him.
Fecebook kind of thing is public and if some one wants to make it private they should have a unbrakable strong password.
may be I am getting wrong perception here, what do you think??

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    ianoop
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    I agree that stealing password is not legal.
    But on almost every website it clearly given that you should have stronger password and should not share with any one.
    What I mean to say is , if you have option to choose a stronger lock. then why you are keeping a weak lock and if someone broke them you are accusing him.
    Fecebook kind of thing is public and if some one wants to make it private they should have a unbrakable strong password.
    may be I am getting wrong perception here, what do you think??
    We always think like Why this much of punishment for a small crime or so. But see the final Judgement is always based on 'The Sections' mentioned in the charge sheet and 'The Arguments' made by their lawyers.
    We don't know what sections that senior have included on him. He could have added like Cheating, Accessing his account without his prior permission, Using his Important Information, And also cyber law sections. And we know that these days cyber crimes are like a disaster. So may be the Judge got irritated and gave the sentence for 5 years 😀

Whatever, He did wrong, Hence punishable. And this should also be a lesson for others.
  • Rahul Jamgade
    Rahul Jamgade
    The IT ACT 2000 LAW is very tough. There are many sections , few fall under Penalties (Section 43,44 and 45) which are unintentional in nature and one need to just pay certain amount as penalty, whereas few sections are applied to access with bad intentional such as section 65,66,67 that results in jail sentence. There are provisions of Life imprisonment under IT ACT 2000.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends... i want to know about wireless electricity, if you know than please give some details.
Acer has launched it’s Windows 8 All-In-One U Series PCs at the Computex 2012 in Taipei. The series includes the 27-inch Aspire 7600U, and the 23-inch Aspire 5600U. Read -...
Tomorrow is my parents' 25th wedding day.. i have ordered a cake... but no clues what to write on it.. ?? Common people write something for me !!
Hey guys! I'm an ECE student looking forward to make my final year project. Please suggest me some good and appealing topics that may impress the faculties... Your suggestions are...
Iam santhosh kumar and iam a final year B.E student.After 2 months placements are going to be held in my campus.Just now i found myselves that iam not very well...