Is grammar is more important then spelling?

I am not talking about the language here, Its all about grammar Vs spelling? Which is more important too know a language properly?

I am good at spelling Hindi, But not in Tamil. I personally felt that Grammar is more important, to frame a sentence.

On the other hand, Knowing grammar alone, wont be enough.

Replies

• Sanoj Rajan
    Sanoj Rajan
    Grammar is definitely more important than spelling.

If you are sending someone a mail, and you have completely gone wrong with the grammar, the person at the receiving end will know that you don't know English (or some other language that you are conversing in). But if your grammar is perfect and just some mis-spelled words, you can always give the excuse of it being a typo. ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Sanoj Rajan
    Sanoj Rajan
    But thing to be remembered is that, Cricket can't be played by the batsmen alone. Or the bowler alone.
    Its when they come together, forms a game cricket.

So, grammar might be a bit more important than spelling, but even spelling is important as well.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    The sms lingo is the best example that none are important. If person got understanding of the particular language he'll understand it anyways. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Sorry for being a Grammar Nazi - It is a part of being an editor for so long, but the title of this thread should be
    "Is grammar more important than spelling?"
    We don't use a verb two times in the sentence. โ˜• (at first, I thought it is done purposefully)
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    AbraKaDabra
    Sorry for being a Grammer Nazi - It is a part of being an editor for so long
    And you spelled "Grammar" wrong ...
    Sorry,Typo Nazi here ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Troll_So_Hard
    And you spelled "Grammar" wrong ...
    Sorry,Typo Nazi here ๐Ÿ˜‰
    ๐Ÿ˜ typing fast isn't helping me much I guess.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    AbraKaDabra
    ๐Ÿ˜ typing fast isn't helping me much I guess.
    I can Understand ๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CAN ANYONE PLEASE EXPLAIN ME WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BATTERY AND A CAPACITOR BECAUSE THEY SERVE THE SAME IN A CIRCUIT . CAPACITOR STORES THE CHARGE AND DISCHARGES...
HI MY NAME IS KAMESH FROM HYDERABAD . IM PRESENTLY DOING MY BTECH 2ND YEAR IN ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING IN A JNTU AFFILIATED COLLEGE. IM HAPPY TO KNOW ABOUT...
Hey friends.. I am new to this site, and looking forward to meeting new people, learning new stuffs, and may be occasionally share something too.. ๐Ÿ˜€
Non Lubricated compressors are nothing new.. But different manufacturers use different techniques, and different materials.. I am right now working on a project with non-lubricating compressors.. Can you please help...
hey!! i need information about the people or companies which conduct workshops and events in colleges. Given below is the list of few events for which i need experts people...