Is Gaddafi's Death Justified?

The recent news about Muammar Gaddafi's death came as a shocker. Well, not very shocking because with NATO conspiring and Gaddafi going against America.. it was to be expected sooner or later.

I came across some facts about Libya & Gaddagi. Read on -

1. There is no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free for all its citizens.

2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.

3. Home considered a human right in Libya – Gaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home. Gaddafi’s father has died while him, his wife and his mother are still living in a tent.

4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$50,000 ) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.

5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans are literate. Today the figure is 83%.

6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kick- start their farms – all for free.

7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government funds them to go abroad for it –not only free but they get US $2, 300/mth accommodation and car allowance.

8. In Libyan, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price.

9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0. 14 per liter.

10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion – now frozen globally.

11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment is found.

12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.

13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US $5,000.

14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $ 0.15

15. 25% of Libyans have a university degree

16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.

Reading all above, a question comes to the mind, Was Gaddafi really such bad a man?

If yes, what is the evidence? If no, Is Gaddafi's Death Justified?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Guess who got the Oil?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    Guess who got the Oil?
    I would like to share with you a story of three Nations. Read on closely for the answer to your question The_Big_K.

A rich nation A one day has an article published in its newspaper about the oil found in a No Man's Land between other two nations B and C.
    Both were friends until the news broke out. Both nations went at war for long, decades together and millions of people from both sides died in it. Nation A supported the war because UN had also supported it. Nation A sold weapons to both B and C.
    One day B and C found that there was no oil in the said area.

That is where the whole war history in Middle east has started.
    A is USA, B is Iraq and C is Iran. Saddam Hussein has died. and So did Gaddafi. Now I do not wish to go deeper in who Gaddafi was.

Although the story do not relate to Libya but after the war the oil passed into the hands of the *Rich and stable nations* until the insurgents and terrorists are controlled.

Coming to Libya, it was a poor country some 40-45 years back. It was divided into three parts ruled by different tribes. Gaddafi united them.

What were the other nations doing until recently when everyone in the world got the dream all of a sudden that "Gaddafi should be ousted?"

P.S: I am unaware of attrocities Gaddafi might have inflicted upon the population. We need to look at the other side to before convicting anyone Terrorist of criminal.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    if he was such a nice guy, why was he a dictator??? why didn't he peacefully held the elections to judge the libians if he is the true candidate to be the ruler??? n i don't agree with the facts presented by akd. if its so, then libiya would have been the heaven on earth.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    lovejeet
    if he was such a nice guy, why was he a dictator??? why didn't he peacefully held the elections to judge the libians if he is the true candidate to be the ruler??? n i don't agree with the facts presented by akd. if its so, then libiya would have been the heaven on earth.
    Because democracy is a big lie.

...and media shows what they are paid for.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Every nation small or big faces same problems. So it may not e a heaven on earth but it was atleast better than other Arab Sultanates if we keep an eye on the monetary policies.
    Middle east might suffer from social problems.

The_Big_K

In that case I would prefer Aristocracy to theocracy and monarchy.
    @ AKD: I caught you 😁. Mention the source for your points please!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    A friend sent them to me on email.

Here are the sources:
    yourworldnews.org | Things Gaddafi Provided Libyans…
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I read a line somewhere the other day - "Truth when concealed can prove fatal."

I am in no way supporting Gaddafi. (Thanks to my limited knowledge about Libyan history.)

We just need to use RTI here. What do you guys say?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    AbraKaDabra
    A friend sent them to me on email.
    Haha, ok I was only kidding.

By the way I will only saying, RTI is not applicable in Libya. 😁
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    The_Big_K

democracy a big lie??? can u please explain that??
    Sorry Big_k if i sound a bit opposing, but nowadays media is very transparent. so i don't feel that had something to do with the incidence.

n ya, everything has its both good and bad aspects. Gaddafi's era had to end, but the way it all happened was very pathetic.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi ppl I want to store a image on database and i am using php to upload and retrieve the data and MySql. I dont have any idea how to...
Hi all I am a math lover. This is introduction to my blog: < Advertisement Removed By Administrator > This blog is a hub of CONCEPTUAL problems (of course it...
All CAT 2011 takers should note the important CAT 2011 dates for exam and results as follows - CAT 2011 Exam Dates: Saturday, 22 October 2011 Till Friday, 18 November...
Hi all, This is Ravisankar Vemuri. Even though I have done MBA,Electronics and Comm' grads, I fell in love with Math. Math is my passion. Teaching Math is my hobby....
hello guy's I am facing a problem in showing currently online members on my website. I am using Application scope(Context) to store the online members name but seems like it...