Is Corruption An Addiction?

The point popped out during a discussion on Alcoholism and I decided to dedicate a thread to this topic. Is corruption an addiction? The obvious answer could be 'no' but I think there are similarities.

A person finds a way to trick the systems, misuse his/her powers to find money for personal gains. It gives him/her the thrill and then the process repeats for the want of more money and continues. Isn't that addiction?

Your thoughts?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Of course it is an addiction.
    Endemic to India.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Vishwanath J
    Vishwanath J
    Most of people in world are Addicted to Corruption in one or another way...
    The majority one are Indians...
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Yup, its an addiction. Understand it like this: when you drink for first time, you feel bad. Same happens when you bribe someone for the first time. After that, once you have break the barrier, you know how work can be completed easily, how to jump the line, you dont have the strength to fight. Everytime you will follow the easy road of corruption...😀
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Addiction. A word so torn apart by the different feelings of different people! I pity that word! A person can get addicted to alcohol, tobacco, drugs etc just like he/she can get addicted to mobile phones, websites, games etc.
    Corruption is something which affects the senses directly without touching the body. #-Link-Snipped-# has laid down the fact.
    Corruption does to the society what tobacco does to the body. Just like tobacco, corruption is something which is bad in any quantity. You can be at the goodies end of it, or at the losing end of it. Whichever side you are, you are at the riskiest of the side. While the losing end pays to the corrupt leaders, officers etc, the goodies end people are at the risk of getting caught.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Corruption is directly related to two things Time and money.
    Everyone in this world wants to spend less time and have more money.
    The whole bureaucracy is converted into such machine that , you know that if you don't pay bribe, person on other side of table can waste your time.
    Now either you waste your time or money.
    I think problem of this bribe start from top level, If top level is corrupt then it will infect whole system till the end.This whole system is so infected that you can say, Yes this is now addiction.

PS: On Team Anna corruption move: I think they should not force govt to pass bill to include lower class officer like 3rd or 4th grade. They are just little sheep who have to involve in this corruption things.
    They should focus on bring big fishes under it and making CBI independent.
  • sridhar4362
    sridhar4362
    Hello ,
    For me corruption is not an addiction it is a poisonous plant which is growing with help of everyone we are happily enjoying the fruits of that plant but we don't know that those fruits are poisonous.Not for ourselves but atleast for our future generations we should think of😔 .
    We are thinking that my work will be over fast if we bribe someone but we don't know that directly or indirectly we will be the ultimate losers.Right now in markets the prices are touching the sky the petrol rate is increasing we all are blaming the government but i think we have to firstly blame ourselves because we have made the government work in this manner👎 .Nowadays everyone is thinking about increasing their bank balance by kicking others stomach so we have to change our attitude.
    Lets hope that people star waiting to get their work done in the proper way then naturally this poisonous plant will die .So the weapon is on our hands we have to kill it.👍
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    According to me, corruption is an outcome of a outcome of a person's laziness. He/she needs money without working for it. Its like stealing others work. Relating corruption has an addiction, Yes people get addicted to laziness, everyone whats to get everything so easily.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

https://www.theengineer.co.uk/1013039.article?cmpid=TE01
hello friends i am abhidha a student of electronics and communication engineering and i am intensely intrested in astronomy and space science and wish to become a space research scientist.I...
Can any one clearly clarify the Difference between averge and standard deviation for better easy understanding?
Name:C.PRAVEENJOY *Engineering Trade:IT Location😛OOTHURAI,K.K.DIST,TAMILNADU. *Occupation: (Student) Work Experience: (I AM 3rd YEAR STUDENT) *Hobbies & Interests:walking with alone&sports *Aim in life: (b.tech is my career but i want to do...
Hi, I have completed my B.Tech in Biotech and currently working for a IT industry which I am not liking at all. But getting into an core company has become...