Is China a threat to India?

India is the second largest IT(information technology) talent pool in the world for many reasons...But now a days, there has been a widespread notion that china too is developing in this field..Especially, in the outsourcing and offshoring field is there any possibility for china to overtake India?In that way, is China a threat to India?Or do you consider China as a land of Oppurtunities?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Is China a threat to India?

In IT Services - Yes. Its the quality game and in the end, its business. The one who delivers quality at minimum cost - wins.

China has huge manpower with them and they're know what they are capable of doing. English is no longer a problem for Chinese people and they are already invading the world with their products.

Probably, all other countries should learn from them.
  • mathew720
    mathew720
    the one fact that holds back china still is English ,
    not much Chinese have to use English try writing a program in Japanese , how would u feel ...same does the Chinese feel ...
    once language barer is off they are good to rock ,they produce much more computer engineers than India ,they even have twice more computer users than India
    twice more internet users , what other things do they need
    if any computer language in Chinese comes out , thats all they need ....
    if you ask its a threat , well almost but India will have its fare share i guess ,
    with future economic development India will continue to grow innovations will come from India
    in the midst of blocked development in IT ,
  • mathew720
    mathew720
    yes development is evident in Chinese economy but still there are still some concerns ... they don't have equality ,...cheap labor also shows how much low price workers are willing to work , believe me things in china is much expensive than in India ,i some times wonder how they could survive .... basically i want to say that never did i think china is a good country to learn from .,
    foreign investments are running this boom ,eventually who benefits from this are less people and more by investors ...
  • 4M4N
    4M4N
    yes china is a very big threat to india development wise and also geographical wise also(much bigger threat than pak)
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    China is a big threat in all the areas. Be it IT sector, production, Sports or Borders.

Rightly said, much bigger threat than Pakistan. As CHina is threating India social / Security as well as financially.

-CB
  • Davina
    Davina
    I don't think so, in my opinion, such competition will push both countries to develop faster, in a higher lever, and nevertheless, India has established good relation with China, it is good oppotunity for both our countries. Why shall we fight for outsourcing or offshoring business, we shall make more efforts to develop our own IT technololy!

Our GstarCAD has been applied and accepted very well in India, it is our own product, not outsouced.
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    Good to see a chinese CEan commenting on the above discussion. Well said, davina..
    Healthy competition is always good but anything more than that will not be accepted or tolerated.
    There are so many other cloudy issues which all of us may not be aware of.
  • BCA_GIRL
    BCA_GIRL
    Yeah! no doubt China is big threat to India.
  • lucifer
    lucifer
    i dont believe at all china is a gr8 threat to india how can ppl survive in a communist country whr the country is not for the people by the ppl and of the ppl

chinese ppl dont have any innovation they are poor in creative things ..examples can be seen in variety ..the click these costly shoes from diff diff angles and mail back to china and chinese ppl with there available resources make wt they can ..the quality is also cheap// we all knw chinese toys china market in india how well appreciated they are?????

more over they have made a policy like 1 child per family to control population and there is no such restriction in india and in no time india would be taking up frm china's population and we already now and much appreciated in the world indians are born intelligent..

so i dont think we need to fear about anything as we deliver the best creative and quality way

thanx
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    in my view depending on development and in IT sector if china develops well then it becomes as a compitetor but not thread i lisned some where as china had its undersea nuclear power near India if it happens it will be a thread
    as coming to development of IT sector and other wide India can resist many china's
    so dont worry and dont under estimate India
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    China I think is a threat to Bharat.But if we keep on our unity and focus on Nations development then no one can stop us.😀
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    miniy
    India is the second largest IT(information technology) talent pool in the world for many reasons
    then whose the first???
  • nikeace003
    nikeace003
    For what we have seen, china has been blooming in the field of IT for producing many Technological Outputs which we currently use now(in the Philippines). Although these outputs are mostly defective, just like china made cellphones. From here, we could say that india shouldn't be worried that they'd be left behind by china. Coz quality is still the best option..
  • freak16
    freak16
    I completely agree with the view that china lacks creativity. They are very big copycats.. They made a mall 3km long immitating usa and wrote after it copied..And about china overtaking india.. Its quiet tough.. Indians are superb minds though we lack in opportunities or resources or corruption in our country makes our plight painful..But Indians are good mathematician and have logical thinking which it sectors needed.. China give a good competition to us but as this is a ocean and everybody has a rite to swim so same with china..No need to see others just sharpen yourself..we have damn good colleges for it education and huge poential to carve us out better..
  • nikeace003
    nikeace003
    i definitely agree..
  • venkatesh59
    venkatesh59
    no people in any nation want to destroy another nation only te rulers do for their glory ( they may be thinking) and fame.
    china is competive with us in many fields inclluding it services ,it has been using its top most mode to have a supremacy in those felds but dont worry india did n't use its regular mode ,its has a very long long long journey in reaching its goals but it should be hurry up in its educational fields corrective measures and using its each and every hidden gems from village backdrop which were to an esteemation of 70-83%.

so go india hurry up . So youth wake up the politicians from their personal requirements and to make them mind in national needs.

long live india and show the world what india makes it with its peace and lovable ways
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    China and India both are huge, both in terms of area and manpower. I guess China can no way beat India in IT Sector, you see Indians are made for IT, Chinese aren't so. People in India learn things to do - that's what required for programming and 100's of outsourcing companies in the country. Whereas Chinese are people who are not like that, they are more innovative people who know how things should be done. They dont fall under the category of being a good outsourcing company because they know what they are for- they work for their country.
    Their innovative thinking make them unsuitable for Software industry.
    @someone saying threat geographically.
    How is that possible, UN is not sleeping.

freak16
    I completely agree with the view that china lacks creativity.
    They are the most creative people.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Now everything is Made in China. Even Nokia, Apple and Lenovo. India has the brains, but no one is willing to step forward for development. The infrastructure in India is highly limited, and thanks to the corruption and politics, we may never see a Developed India unless we think outside the box and start to act. Wake up People!!!
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    i think we r having THREAT frm china
  • RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    china ..................china .........................china
    ............rather it should be India .........India ......India
    India working towards the goal of developed india by 2020
    lets work hard ,.. harder .... hardest ...........to be at the top ..........
    to in IT
    MANUFACTURING ,
    ECONOMY
    ..................and lead the world by Indian innovations also called Jugad technology ie. solutions to every problem in a most preferred manner.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : I like your optimism. However, no one really knows how to achieve the vision 2020. I don't see even a single step being taken towards realizing the vision 2020.

Now, how many here actually know what vision 2020 is?
  • RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    What actually India needs presently is integration ...
    1)integration of educational institutes (whose first step has already been taken by HRD minister Mr kapil Sibbal) ...
    2).integration of NGO's as done by Japan ...(a ..'NGO governing body' redirecting all NGO's to realize the common objective in their respective fields )........
    and
    3)integrated force of engineers- working , thinking ,contributing towards common targets (whose basic steps have already been taken by you website)
  • Vivien.hugo
    Vivien.hugo
    I've topics about "China threat" long time ago. It's obvious that many countries are also developing, why do they just see China as a threat? Good relathionship between China and India is a win-win strategy.
  • RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    its not a threat......but a chance to grow..........Grow faster then the fastest ......Democracy has more power n potential than autocracy.....the sky will remain d same but would be won by the BEST ie. India
    .......start believing and I m sure the day will be ours.
  • RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    freak16
    I completely agree with the view that china lacks creativity. They are very big copycats.. They made a mall 3km long immitating usa and wrote after it copied..And about china overtaking india.. Its quiet tough.. Indians are superb minds though we lack in opportunities or resources or corruption in our country makes our plight painful..But Indians are good mathematician and have logical thinking which it sectors needed.. China give a good competition to us but as this is a ocean and everybody has a rite to swim so same with china..No need to see others just sharpen yourself..we have damn good colleges for it education and huge poential to carve us out better..
    hey.im completely with you
  • RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    India have awake............
    ....Lets join hands together and pledge to change the future of India...to Realise The Vision 2020...
    ..believe that their is nothing impossible at least for an engineer
  • Rucha Wankhede
    Rucha Wankhede
    The answer could be yes and no. Depends on how we choose to look at it. China is progressing at its own pace, and at a much faster rate if we were to compare it with our country. They have invested well in their own resources ranging from R&D to Sports to Foreign relations. With the inclusion of Chinese yuan in the basket of international currencies, it is bound to scale new heights. Instead of competing we need to look for ways to strengthen and equip ourselves better. That is what would do the trick.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello eveybody.... I'm abhijeet from bangalore n i've jus joined CE ... m hoping i can add value to the work u guys are putting in while gettin some valuable...
Can I have A carrer in Robotics further........ I am a !st year student in M.E Engg.....! PLz help...me out..... is there any carrier risk in field of robotics.../././././.??????
😕hi to all the fellow engineers ,i am pavan from karnataka.i am 1st year mechanical engineer. i wanted to participate in an state level paper presentation contest,i am totaly confused...
can i get an insight knowledge on the circuit and design of an alternating current voltage stabilizer?
Hey biggie! you might be aware of this already, but anywayz.. theres this VB addon that can integrate both VB and Mediawiki: vbWiki Standard - vBulletin+MediaWiki integration - vBulletin.org Forum...