IRCTC Server Issues & Solutions

IRCTC is India's biggest ecommerce portal with hundreds of thousands of bookings made on daily basis. Now, operating a large website isn't a new technical challenge, yet IRCTC servers seem to have issues handling the payment transactions and overall traffic. The problems start right at the time of logging-in to the site and it usually takes a long time to just get past the user-login page. Then there are issues with session timeouts, multiple logins, incomplete logouts etc.

I'm curious to know about the technical challenges IRCTC faces and possible solutions it may implement. Is it the bandwidth issue or the overall load balancing issue - I don't know. If anyone knows the details, please feel free to share.

PS: I think it's TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) that manages and operates the IRCTC website. Can someone from TCS enlighten us on the issues?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lindsay's technical books sells technical books of yester years. Going to close down. The last order has to be by 28 February 2013. For those who are interested: https://www.lindsaybks.com/
My DAC rank is 2899 and i got VITA Mumbai in my first round counselling....... (Not even expected to get DAC with this Rank). so confused. there is a lot...
Hello all, I want some reliable information related BITSAT engineering exam. Is it is same as the other engineering exams like GATE??
Is there any way to set volume for Laptop speakers and headphones differently. i.e can I set ,say 70% volume for headphones and 22% volume for speakers, so that when...
Designation : Associate Software Engineer (ASE) Eligibility Criteria • Only BE/B.Tech & MCA - 2012 academic batch. • 60% and above aggregate without any standing backlog. • 55% and above...