Iran's Nuclear Energy trying to stop a Computer Worm

Iran's nuclear agency is trying to combat a complex computer worm that has affected industrial sites throughout the country and is capable of taking over power plants, Iranian media reports said.

The computer worm, dubbed Stuxnet, can take over systems that control the inner workings of industrial plants. Experts in Germany discovered the worm in July, and it has since shown up in a number of attacks — primarily in Iran, Indonesia, India and the U.S.

The United States is also tracking the worm, and the Department of Homeland Security is building specialized teams that can respond quickly to cyber emergencies at industrial facilities across the country.

[Source MSNBC News]

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We are planning for a project, where we are combining the powers generated from solar panels and wind turbine and feeding it to the load through the grid. Power can...
Hello New CE Members, Answers to most of the basic questions can be found in text-books and on the Internet. We encourage you not to ask for ready-made programs/codes or...
hi..every1. i need a help in creating foreign keys in phpmyadmin. here.. i have used phpmyadmin for creating database. in this i have created 2 tables- employee and department. employee...
Hi, I want to do my final year project in flash with actionscript programming ,plz post some project topics on this domain
hi.............i want to take an array of integers as input using command line arguments. how can i do it? and please tell me what are environment variables? are they related...