IPhone 5 LAUNCHED - Price will remain same as iPhone 4S

Apple has unveiled the world's most awaited phone - IPHONE 5
The SHOCKING and the breaking news is the price tag is almost similar to the iPhone 4s.

Feature wise, Apple has upgraded the iPhone 5 to 4" screen, 4G LTE, a Zippy zippy A6 chip to make the action much quicker, A camera with 40% improved performance and is much faster. Along with these significant hardware improvement, in-numerable software improvements and changes.

Let us know your first experience and thinking when you see the iPhone 5 on web or in actual.

-CB

Replies

• whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    Carrier locked version of iphone 5 will be having same price as iphone 4!
    Unlocked sets will be slightly costlier.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    From what I have read till now, its a big let down for the folks that were thinking that this will have no competitors for next two three years. I was comparing this with Galaxy 3, and found the Samsung one had better options in many ways.

Though Processor seems to be impressive for iPhone, but other than that there is nothing that will stand it out of the world. Actual Performance will be known in few days when the phone would be out for sale.

What do you think? Did you like it?

-CB
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Almost everyone is speaking badly about the iPhone and calling it not worth the money or effort. So, I saw this video about the iPhone 5, just to see what Jony Ive, the lead designer had to say about the 'amazing work' behind this new iPhone. See - iPhone - Apple

And all the good adjective they are using throughout the video, do not seem to be really needed there. 😕

As far as the pricing is concerned, the iPhone 5 will start at $199 for the 16GB model, while the 32GB will cost $299 and the 64GB $399.

What seems like a good news is how fast Apple is shipping the iPhone 5. Nokia and Microsoft can learn that from them.
    Shipments in the US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore start on September 21st, but you'll be able to pre-order starting on the 14th.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    If you see overview all the "Amazing Features " of iPhone5 is already present in other mobiles from 2011.

Panorama shot with camera
    8mp
    4" Screen
    5row icons😨

I guess only processor is improvement as per spec. It will be interesting to see real world comparison about uses.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Dont you guys think that Siri will make a big difference?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    English-Scared
    Dont you guys think that Siri will make a big difference?
    Nope, Siri won't make a big difference. The problem with Siri is that it's not a perfect solution for voice recognition yet and works mostly with American or British accent. The rest of the world, especially non-English speaking countries are going to find it difficult to get Siri to follow their voice commands.

But it's a nice technology; though I'm not going to use it. Talking to gadgets is a weird thing for me.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Virtual assistance needs to be self learner about user and this case Google has a edge over this. Google Now has Indian English as a option. Not 100% but recognize in 80-90% of cases.

The_Big_K
    But it's a nice technology; though I'm not going to use it. Talking to gadgets is a weird thing for me.
    Yes it looks weird :
    Me: Hi, Siri how are you
    Siri: I am fine, how can I help you 😲
    This is definitely just a useless thing.
    but I like the command recognitions like if you want to get a direction to any where, calling to someone, quickly listening music.
    Like finding directions ,It can be done just in two clicking . while in normal way we need to open application--> type the destination and click search.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    "And Siri is fluent in more languages" statement copied from apple.com

So Siri should be available rite? I am a big fan of talking to gadgets unlike Biggie but I find it quite annoying since the intelligence of the gadgets that speak is very less 😔

But I think Siri is far far better that the one Galaxy S3 has.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Actually, it's not Apple developed technology. Apple bought Siri from a start-up company and I vaguely remember Appple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak talking about it. But the fact remains - it's far from being perfect to understand conversations. It SIRIously fails at understanding Indian accent.

Plus, I'd focus more on the hardware side of the phone than software; because software can always get updated to add more features to the phone. But the hardware once bought is very tough to upgrade.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    English-Scared
    "
    But I think Siri is far far better that the one Galaxy S3 has.
    True, Samsung Vlingo search is not as good as SIRI.
    But, if you compare SIRI vs Google Now (CNET for trusted review)... Google Now is better and Cards feature is superb.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Latest update about iPhone5 with 4G LTE networks.

#-Link-Snipped-#reported earlier today that the iPhone 5 models for both Verizon and Sprint #-Link-Snipped-# while on 4G LTE networks -- meaning that if users make a voice call, they'll also need to be on Wi-Fi to pull data inside their apps, including the #-Link-Snipped-# Web browser. AT&T apparently doesn't have this same problem.

The difference between the devices on the different networks was not mentioned by Apple yesterday during its unveiling of the new iPhone.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I do NOT really know why everyone in this thread is running around SIRI; thread is for release of iPhone 5 not Siri.

Siri is there in the market since some time, Apple first launched the software capabilities with iPhone 4S [Though capabilities were there in iPhone 4 as well, they were disabled though].

This release should be stressed on Apple's hardware change... first time they came up with 4" screen, sleeker, aluminium body, 8 MP camera, panoramic view, Maps [navigation] capabilities.

I just meant to say overall it's not a great release which can be deemed as the release of a phone that is truly out of the world; but believe me Apple lovers still think that this one of the best phone in the world.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The grey markets in Delhi have pre-ordered the iPhone 5 for whooping 1.2 lakh (Rs. 1,20,000). Looks like people are going insane for the phone. I see all the 'black money' coming out of pockets.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Check out iPhone 5 price @#-Link-Snipped-#
    Price is varying from INR 60k to 99k 😲😲😨
    Ironically iPhone5 is neither available on ebay.com not at amazon.com☕
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    iPhone 5 is yet to be launched officially in India. I expect it to cost about Rs. 40 - 45k Indian rupees. I don't think ebay or amazon would sell it online. Apple would prefer to sell it via their premium retail stores.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm looking for Nagpur University exam dates for power plant engineering students. Have they been officially declared?
What's the price of progress, folks? It turns out that the latest iPhone 5 won't support your regular micro-SIM cards. The iPhone 5 will use specially designed nano-sim cards and...
Apple's just launched a new type of earphones called 'EarPods'. The EarPods feature a never-thought-before design and Apple's chief product designer, Sir. Jonathan Ive says that they did LOT of...
In Circuits and Networks subject; we are asked to find current at initial stage a.k.a initial condition. Even in finding current equation using Laplace ; initial condition is used. In...
I want to buy a laptop and I'm not sure which one is best for me 😔 My usage: Surfing, reading ebooks, video chatting, watching HD movies (sometimes on sunday)....