Ip address

what is the difference between physical Ip address and logical ip address please tell me any one .........................................

Replies

• rishi0922
    rishi0922
    There are two types of addresses of the system..

1) Logical address
    2) Physical address

Logical address is also known as ip address and it is set by your Internet service provider (ISP). If you have a router then you have a LAN, which sets a logical address for your computer. Your router will have an logical address set by your ISP.

The physical address is also called the MAC address and it is generated by the manufacturer.
  • ramana_slv
    ramana_slv
    what is the pupose of logical ip address rishi? please explain clearly......
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    Logical Ip address is used for internet , and physical address (MAC) is used for local network (intranet). For example if you have few computers in a local network then they use your physical address for addressing your system and data transfer. But when you use internet then your logical ip address is used for identify your system and data transfer. When you connect to router or default gateway for internet, then it send only your logical ip to isp or other servers, not your physical address (MAC). But your router or default gateway have your physical address for locally identify your system and data transfer.
  • ramana_slv
    ramana_slv
    Thank you friends for your information.............
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Good jcksn!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

it's a New Boyz - You're a Jerk Parody. [video=youtube;I1SAr1rMwwE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1SAr1rMwwE[/video]
Hi frnds, can any body tell me how i can change registry subkey settings using java.. or how i can add a mechanism to my application to close properly with...
Wishing our CEan dileep k Many More Happy Returns of the Day Dileep!! Happy Birthday to you!! 😁 😁 😁
Hello friends, I am confused can any one tell me actually for what purpose low level formatting is used. Is it used for correcting the bad sectors or detecting the...
Hi, I work in the R&D department of a software firm and my area is enhancing automation testing. Currently my work revolves around building a framework around selenium(Open source test...