Introducing More Sections & Reorganizing Existing Ones

CEans,

CE has evolved over the years and constantly adopted newer and better ways of making CE usable to all our engineers.

I had been long thinking of reorganizing our existing technical discussion sections. Here's the proposed plan -

1. Break the Mechanical & Civil Engineering Sections and give them their own place. We may combine Mechanical Engineering with Automobile engineering section.

2. Introduce New Engineering Discipline sections like "Structural Engineering", "Communications Engineering", "Design Engineering" and so on. Each having their own section.

3. Scrap the engineering entrance exams section.

4. Have a separate Post - Engineering Education section.

What's your opinion?

Replies

• optimystix
    optimystix
    1] yes, the Mechanical and Civil sections should be given their own space.

3] depends on what CE's marketing policies are. Entrance exams, given time and efforts can become valuable resource for wanna be engineers as well as those going after post graduation. More traffic for CE means more human resource pool we have here. But these are for the student community only. If CE wishes to focus on engineers more than the wanna be's in the future then it would be better to get them off.

4] I didn't understand what you meant with a ''separate post''. Does it mean that you are scrapping the Entrance Exam section and putting up Engineering education instead. If yes, then what is the point in doing so? If no, then please explain.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sorry, it's "Separate Post-Engineering Education" section.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    ok. I get it now. That'll be a good move I guess.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mechanical Engineers: What do you think about having "Mechanical & Automobile" Engineering section? Or is it better to have them as separate sections?

Similarly, we're planning to have a different section for Communications discipline.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    One more suggestion Separate Electrical and Electronics Section too.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    godfather
    One more suggestion Separate Electrical and Electronics Section too.
    They've been clubbed for a reason. All things electric can be discussed in those sections. However, communications can be a different section. What's your opinion?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    They've been clubbed for a reason. All things electric can be discussed in those sections. However, communications can be a different section. What's your opinion?
    Yes we can separate out Communication.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    godfather
    Yes we can separate out Communication.
    Yes, communications will be a separate section.

How about combining Mechanical & Automobile Engineering sections?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yeah it would be nice to split mechanical and civil sections. but we can have a single section for civil and structural together.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Are civil & structural related? (I guess so)
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yeah structural engineering is a branch of civil engineering.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, we'll combine those two sections.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yeah ok 😀
  • Reya
    Reya
    The_Big_K
    How about combining Mechanical & Automobile Engineering sections?
    Yeah!We can combine both Mechanical and Automobile engineering sections😀
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    but godfather to do a miracle electrical and electronics subjects should have to be in unite
    i think we have implement another sections of engineering courses as the courses and specializations are increasing day by day

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here's a call for all our CEans - From the announcements - CE's foundation day, November 26th, is just a few days away and I'm sure all of us are...
Indian Telecom Leader, Bharti Airtel's gotten a makeover. The company has launched a redesigned website and also a new logo. From the company's website - Our new international identity has...
The campus hiring season is about to start. There will be many companies visiting your college campus to make offers. Let's help each other to get that dream job. I...
TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) is coming to Raisoni Campus for recruitment. The students who are eligible for this should be from 7th Semester and must have secured an aggregate of...
CE is rapidly approaching 100,000 members and you all can help CE in reaching that milestone by simply inviting your friends. Here's a simple mail you can forward to everyone...