Internship Experience at Aon Hewitt

Through this platform I am glad that I am sharing my experiences with you all.

It’s like a data is stored somewhere in my mind and today I have found the foreign key to link my data in the form of this contest to share my experiences.

Last semester of M.C.A., my mind was bombarded with ‘n’ no. of questions? Whether I would be jobless, struggler or hopeless or so on. After TCS, Infosys this was almost the last company who visited our campus. Everyone was preparing for impending test and didn’t want others to poke in their preparations …I was in my own area of aloofness i.e. in the world of internet (although Can’t say aloof).I was trying to grasp and understand the last year paper & collecting all relevant information which were necessary for the selection process.
It’s a big day for me, although my mind was full of tension but somewhere in mind I remembered one thing “Give Your Best Shot”. Someone well said, “It’s nice to have valid completion, pushes you to do better”. This one was perfect for today’s situation .My friends were now my competitor but everyone understood that one seat is dedicated to only one candidate. We were all waiting for the result declaration and believed me that interval was so critical & emotional that no one was talking to anyone. At last results were declared.OMG!! Yes my name was there .Later through mail we were informed about technical interview round which would be held in the company’s premises. Without any ado I had started preparing for the next round.

My technical round had started with my introduction, slowly they had started throwing all possible questions (technical, logical, IQ), which I sometimes grabbed or sometimes not. I was not expected that would happened in my interview. But one thing was there, I won’t stop trying in giving answers and always stayed cool & positive. Luckily got selected in my dream profile and signed the bond and got the offer letter. As per the contract, I would be getting three months paid training and on the last day of training I had to clear the test .I think whole life we have to proof ourselves. Life is all about facing challenges and those challenges makes you stronger I believe.

My first day at office had started with lots of hopes & yes I promised myself to imbibe all learning during the training, I was pinching myself again and again. The ambience of the office was so cool (fully air conditioned), cordial & sorted. We were approximately 30 trainees in the batch (included College trainees, senior & managers), we were all directed to the training room. Suddenly, a lady entered into our room and introduced herself as our trainer .She had given our schedule for the rest of the day (included tea break and lunch break as well). First three days we spent in orientation programme and also fulfilling necessary formalities with respective to the company. It’s a kind of tradition that whenever new person stepped into the room we have to give our introduction like our educational background, expectation etc.

After that, training had been started with introduction of testing, databases etc. and CBT’s (computer based training) too. I was thoroughly enjoying since they have imparted a great deal of practical knowledge in the training which was necessary. Sometimes we were so engrossed in training we tends to forget the lunch time. Sometimes trainers inculcated some activities in the training so as we won’t feel monotonous .To be precise it was not at all college environment where everyone is competing, here we were helping each other to achieve our goals, and even trainers were so helping. During my lunch breaks I used to go & meet my manager and team members on their desk & sometimes chat with them. Last day of our training we got chance to meet our lead and our respective team members. I was called in meeting room where I was giving my introduction in front of everyone.

First day at office is not at all nerve racking instead it’s more like fun since I love my job and training fuelled me with confidence. I remembered my first task was to run the test cases in particular database. At first I didn’t know reason behind pass/fail test cases but later everyone helped me out in understanding the task in a step by step manner.

Apart for theoretical training they had also introduced various business scenarios which we could face in our job and prepared us for the same, ultimately we prepared for everything which is necessary for doing job (email etiquette). They have also trained us on various business tools which can ease our daily task like Quality centre, lotus notes, same time etc.

I just wanted to convey through this platform , if one has to be the part of any organization then he or she has to know the in & out of the company’s working thoroughly .If I were not be the part of any internship then I was probably landed myself into worse situation where I don’t know what’s right or wrong. I know the first day at work is a nerve-racking experience. But if you are properly prepared you can turn that first day into a positive experience that kicks off a long and successful career.

- By Deepti Verma
College: Galgotia institute of management & technology
Internship @ Aon Hewitt
Duration: three months

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# We really enjoyed reading your internship experience.

What was the strength of the intern batch? Was there any eligibility criteria for selection of interns? Also, did they offer a full-time job to any of the interns?
  • Deepti03
    Deepti03
    Thanks for liking my story.Strength of my batch was:20 and the selection process include written test followed by technical & HR round.
    Yes,I did my full time job after finishing my internship for 2 years.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey I have been selected for DASDM cousre....i have completed my BE in Computer Science but had very little intrest in this field....now i have decided to go for banking...
Internship/Training is an important part of engineering curriculum. It provides an interface for us to be familiar with the respective industry. I carried out my first 6 weeks duration training...
Organisation is one of the most important of the world. For company all the person should keep the unity.So easily achieve the organization goals.So improve the company.Then keep the rules...
They proudly call it a social movement, not a product. Short for Sustainable Alternative Lighting, SALt has been created by Aisa Mijeno, an engineering faculty member at De La Salle...
Regarding my experience, There was the great experience over this company. We had a project of making solar pannel with effective crystals. And we made some codings over proteus software(embedded)....