Internet Explorer 8

Obviously the claims must be true. But cooperates are not yet ready to upgrade thier browsers. Main reason might be the compatibility of the applications with IE6. It needs quite a large funding to fund all the applciations to be upgraded and be consistent with the broswer.

"
The internet is a lot more advanced now.
So is Internet Explorer 8.
When Internet Explorer 6 was launched in 2001, it offered cutting-edge security – for the time. Since then, cyber crime has evolved and the security features of Internet Explorer 6 have passed their used by date.
With the latest state-of-the-art security features, Internet Explorer 8 is designed to cope with the Internet of today.

In a study by NSS Labs, Internet Explorer 8 caught socially engineered malware 85% of the time compared to Firefox 3’s 29%, Safari 4’s 29% and Chrome’s 17%1.

To keep yourself safe, don’t use an out-of-date browser."

- source- email from Microsoft Australia

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I doubt whether that's true. Any web page that IE6 can render; can be rendered on IE8 or any other modern browsers. IE6 is buggy and maybe the worst browser that people still use. CE cut down support to IE 6 in March when we upgraded CE Forums in favor of new theme and functionality.

Is there any web application that runs on IE6, but not on IE8?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Not the application which are used worldwide by common man, but applications which have been developed soley for official purposes. I did use internal applications which don't run on Chrome or for that matter FF, and what else, its only IE6 which is official browser , Chrome needs admin rights to be installed. :-|. The same is the case with OS. Licensing such huge number might take a lot of investment, hence even OS as still WIN XP. We had a brown bag session with CEO, he was questioned about adopting latest technology, he precisely gave the same response.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    My previous company's, intranet 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I agree that there are applications that run on IE6 but not on FF or Chrome; that is because the technologies that these browsers use are different. The best example of this is Indian Government Websites 😁 . However, different versions of IE 6/7/8 use the same engine (trident, I guess). Its highly impossible that there are apps that run only on IE6 but not on later versions of IE.

I'd be interested in knowing whether there are exceptions to this.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Well, I agree that there are applications that run on IE6 but not on FF or Chrome; that is because the technologies that these browsers use are different. The best example of this is Indian Government Websites 😁 . However, different versions of IE 6/7/8 use the same engine (trident, I guess). Its highly impossible that there are apps that run only on IE6 but not on later versions of IE.

Agree, Whatever will run on IE 8, should run on IE 6 and 7 as well.

However, many of the website has UI problems in IE 6 and 7 and working fine in IE 8. one such example is CE 😁

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crazyboy
    Agree, Whatever will run on IE 8, should run on IE 6 and 7 as well.

However, many of the website has UI problems in IE 6 and 7 and working fine in IE 8. one such example is CE 😁

-CB
    Read my comment again. I said, whatever that runs on IE6 should run on IE 7 & 8 because 7 and 8 are newer versions of IE 6. Reverse is not true.

CE runs on all modern browsers that support standards. IE6 has been known to have its own issues.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The_Big_K
    I do not know about IE6/IE8 per se, but there are many instances of DOS or Windows 95 games not working well on XP (and onwards) without specialized virtual boxes 😛

Its possible that there are features that are vulnerable security wise that are not supported by new browsers maybe?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Our application which we are working on at office will work on only IE6 ,but not on any other browsers , we get only Java Script issues which can be fixed easily because most of then will be UI.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can any body tell me that why in air cooled steam condensers the Farme on which the bundles are kept are at 60 Deg??
Actually, Ringophone is the only decent ringtone website I found. You can find virtually any song in their collection and they offer unlimited downloads. Give it a try here: www.ringophone.com
Samsung claims to have developed the world's first 30 nanometer dynamic random-access memory(DRAM) chip, which is said to lower power consumption to 85 percent of existing 40 -nannometer DRAM chips....
Hello guys, I'm so confused with this course called Computer Organization, I have an important assignment that I cannot solve, even though it seems to be easy. Please guys help...
Hi everyone, I need help on which way way could I proceed a paper on global positioning system(GPS) so that it would become a paper on improving the present idea...