International School of Engineering (INSOFE) Data science program

Hi All,

I am planning to pursue International School of Engineering (INSOFE) Data science program. I have 11 years of experience in QA testing (Automation). Now planning to switch career and see how it goes. The price is around 4 laks.

Did anyone in the forum did that course?

And what you guys think? Going through online course ( in other websites) or this course?

And Is it worth for a 11 year old to do it?
I am also talking to other who can give me more idea, If I get more info i will post here. But any suggestions please provide.

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    HI All, I spoke to multiple people with respect to this course vs other available courses.

Q1- Why AM I interested in this course?

I have tried mutiple streams over 2 years and finally this is something which interests me.

Q2. Is Insofe better?

Yes its world class and its better.

Q3: Will I get a job after this course(I am 11 yr exp)?

Not directly, have to identify problem and suggest a solution and stuff. I am not really looking for a immediate job.

Finally, there is another institute great lakes but I am preferring Insofe.
    Nothing to take anything away from Great lakes.

I have enrolled in the course ,and will have to take an online test. Once done- will start the course from Feb to August.

If I find time (people are saying its pretty taxing) I will post my learning here.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    If you have any questions, please post here, so that If I can I will answer.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I have got few questions from one person and also I have spoken to people who has done this course and successfully moved into Data Analytics and others who didnt.

Here is the information: Just doing this course will not help you secure a job, the institute gives interview opportunities, but its good only for freshers for experienced its not good at all.

And having said that, before doing the course its good to know why you want to do the course, as I told before I am doing this course only out of my interest, I want to be a expert in Data Analytics thats the sole purpose. and coming about job, I think If someone is expert he need not think about this.

Now below is a very good link which has very good information.

#-Link-Snipped-#

I am currently learning Python.

There is another website called Hackersrank, and you can learn and practise python there.

will post more updates once I get time and information. My class starts on 17th Feb.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Friends,
    If anyone is interested in following the course please complete this from Khan Academy first.
    I will answer the questions if you have any. All modules below are important.

Statistics and Probability | Khan Academy
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I have learned Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, PCA, Time series forecasting, K means clustering, Decision Trees and Recommendation systems very well. In case anyone has questions on above topics please ping here I am happy to answer.
  • saandeep sreerambatla
    saandeep sreerambatla

I have learnt text mining , Artificial Neural Networks and Prescriptive analytics.

I am left with Deep Learning and Hadoop.

• ROHITH SUREDDY
    ROHITH SUREDDY

Hey Sandeep,what's Ur review of insofe for a fresher from non programming background?.

Would the classes be taught from basics?

How's the placement scenario for a fresher and what's the AVG package one can expect?

Are there enough opportunities for the role of data scientist or is it mostly data analyst that the placement is offered for a fresher?

Which do u suggest great lakes pgp data science or insofe??

Which of the following do u suggest? Short-term courses in data a alytics (3-4months) @ low cost of less than a lakh and get into a job and build up my skills on data scientist and move to the role or enrolling for pgp in data scientist in insofe??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sophia, a lifelike robot and the first one to be granted citizenship of a country, made its first appearance in India at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT-B) on Saturday,...
It seems WhatsApp has had a rough entry in 2018 with the messaging service going down on the New Year's Eve, leaving users all across the globe disappointed. In India,...
After an unsuccessful mission in August 2017, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is all set to give a magnificent start to 2018. The Indian space agency is about to...
Telegram, a non-profit cloud-based instant messaging service, in its newest update version 4.7 has added support for multiple accounts for Android, while iOS platform gets four different 'Themes' feature. The...
It is the New Year and Google has put its foot down. Google has now completely blocked Amazon Fire TV devices from accessing the standalone YouTube app that was developed...