CrazyEngineers
  • Experiment 1

As we know, the ADSL splitter box has 1 input and 2 outputs, one for phone signal line, and the other for internet signal line

Plug the telecommunication line into the input. Then in the output lines, I make the swapping. I plug the phone line to the internet output, and the internet line to the phone output

Then I dial the phone to call to a fax number

Surprisingly, I heard the busy tone, instead of fax tone.

Note: When I connect in normal way, plug the phone line to the phone output, and internet line to the internet output, this effect does not happen. That means I heard the fax tone as usual

Experiment 2

I make the looping back from the output to the input. To do this, I cut into the cable and heal the wire inside

Then I make the looping as below

In a), I loop the net output to input, and connect phone output to a telephone machine. No signal at all

In b), I loop the phone output to input, and connect net output to a modem, this time I can access internet normally
    Schema for second experiment can be found at

thinhnghiem | Flickr

Is it working correctly?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • yogi.bharadwaj

MemberDec 31, 2013

thinhnghiem
    Experiment 1

As we know, the ADSL splitter box has 1 input and 2 outputs, one for phone signal line, and the other for internet signal line

Plug the telecommunication line into the input. Then in the output lines, I make the swapping. I plug the phone line to the internet output, and the internet line to the phone output

Then I dial the phone to call to a fax number

Surprisingly, I heard the busy tone, instead of fax tone.

Note: When I connect in normal way, plug the phone line to the phone output, and internet line to the internet output, this effect does not happen. That means I heard the fax tone as usual

Experiment 2

I make the looping back from the output to the input. To do this, I cut into the cable and heal the wire inside

Then I make the looping as below

In a), I loop the net output to input, and connect phone output to a telephone machine. No signal at all

In b), I loop the phone output to input, and connect net output to a modem, this time I can access internet normally
    Schema for second experiment can be found at

<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/80780504@N07/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">thinhnghiem | Flickr</a>

Is it working correctly?
    i think when we connect the modam pin or internet pin it is already sorted to astablish a internet connection. i think the internet connection should be astablish by twao ways first by dialup an 2nd is adsl nodem in dial up[ connection we do not require a modem and the usage charges are as per the calls and the speed is slow in other way modem is used which generates a ip address and communicate and we get high speed internet access.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Thinh Nghiem

MemberJan 1, 2014

yogi.bharadwaj
    i think when we connect the modam pin or internet pin it is already sorted to astablish a internet connection. i think the internet connection should be astablish by twao ways first by dialup an 2nd is adsl nodem in dial up[ connection we do not require a modem and the usage charges are as per the calls and the speed is slow in other way modem is used which generates a ip address and communicate and we get high speed internet access.
    So, why the fax tone is busy in the first experiment, and phone tone is corrupt in 2 a)
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register