Interesting experiments with ADSL splitter

Experiment 1

As we know, the ADSL splitter box has 1 input and 2 outputs, one for phone signal line, and the other for internet signal line

Plug the telecommunication line into the input. Then in the output lines, I make the swapping. I plug the phone line to the internet output, and the internet line to the phone output

Then I dial the phone to call to a fax number

Surprisingly, I heard the busy tone, instead of fax tone.

Note: When I connect in normal way, plug the phone line to the phone output, and internet line to the internet output, this effect does not happen. That means I heard the fax tone as usual

Experiment 2

I make the looping back from the output to the input. To do this, I cut into the cable and heal the wire inside

Then I make the looping as below

In a), I loop the net output to input, and connect phone output to a telephone machine. No signal at all

In b), I loop the phone output to input, and connect net output to a modem, this time I can access internet normally
Schema for second experiment can be found at

thinhnghiem | Flickr

Is it working correctly?

Replies

• yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    thinhnghiem
    Experiment 1

As we know, the ADSL splitter box has 1 input and 2 outputs, one for phone signal line, and the other for internet signal line

Plug the telecommunication line into the input. Then in the output lines, I make the swapping. I plug the phone line to the internet output, and the internet line to the phone output

Then I dial the phone to call to a fax number

Surprisingly, I heard the busy tone, instead of fax tone.

Note: When I connect in normal way, plug the phone line to the phone output, and internet line to the internet output, this effect does not happen. That means I heard the fax tone as usual

Experiment 2

I make the looping back from the output to the input. To do this, I cut into the cable and heal the wire inside

Then I make the looping as below

In a), I loop the net output to input, and connect phone output to a telephone machine. No signal at all

In b), I loop the phone output to input, and connect net output to a modem, this time I can access internet normally
    Schema for second experiment can be found at

thinhnghiem | Flickr

Is it working correctly?
    i think when we connect the modam pin or internet pin it is already sorted to astablish a internet connection. i think the internet connection should be astablish by twao ways first by dialup an 2nd is adsl nodem in dial up[ connection we do not require a modem and the usage charges are as per the calls and the speed is slow in other way modem is used which generates a ip address and communicate and we get high speed internet access.
  • Thinh Nghiem
    Thinh Nghiem
    yogi.bharadwaj
    i think when we connect the modam pin or internet pin it is already sorted to astablish a internet connection. i think the internet connection should be astablish by twao ways first by dialup an 2nd is adsl nodem in dial up[ connection we do not require a modem and the usage charges are as per the calls and the speed is slow in other way modem is used which generates a ip address and communicate and we get high speed internet access.
    So, why the fax tone is busy in the first experiment, and phone tone is corrupt in 2 a)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

2013 has been a great year for wearable gadgets for the leading tech companies around the world ventured into this territory through either their flagship products or prototypes. Next in...
After successfully running Chromebook programme in over 3000 schools spanning US, Singapore and Malaysia, Google is now planning to initiate the same global programme in Indian schools as well. The...
After a series of smartphone launches in 2013, Intex Technologies - the Indian smartphone brand is looking to end the year with another one. Today, Intex has unveiled a new...
Please give me the suggestion for the Mini project ..please help me out...
I was just wondering that how many CEan's use Facebook on regular basis? If Yes, can you make sure to like the CrazyEngineers Fan page there to help CE spread...