Intel Announces S3500 SSD Series For Data Centers From 80 GB To 800 GB

Intel intends to deliver on the ever-growing need of storage space for Cloud Computing. The Solid-State Drive Data Center S3500 Series aims to increase multicore CPU utilization, reduce rack space and lower power consumption for a cost and power-efficient design. SSD has been contending as next-gen solution to storage problems and serves as a replacement for hard disk drives. An all-SSD model offers significant improvements in cloud infrastructure. The smaller size and lower cost consumption equate to an improved total cost of ownership. More connected users bring more traffic and SSDs offer a reliable solution to Cloud Computing's woes of keeping up.

Storage Space!

Intel SSD DC S3500 Series combines 20nm Intel NAND Flash Memory technology with SATA 6 Gb/s interface support, delivering sequential read speeds of up to 500 MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 450 MB/s with low maximum latencies. Random read performance can be expected to reach up to 75,000 input-output operations per second. Because the S3500 is meant for serious data-keeping purposes, it also houses built-in capacitors which provide a short period of backup power to finish operations in the event of power loss and hence avoid data loss. Furthermore, the drives use 256-bit AES encryption to secure data.

Sizes range from 80 gigabyte (GB) to 800GB and both 2.5 and 1.8 inch form factors. Intel charges $115 for a 1.8-inch 80GB drive and $979 for a 2.5-inch 800GB drive, accompanied by a 5-year warranty.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The biggest problem associated with two-wheelers, especially scooters is that getting your vehicle on the main stand is a trouble. I haven't seen much of innovation on that front, but...
The message is very simple, Yahoo isn't interested in being the alternate recovery mail ID you only log in to, well, recover your passwords for other mail accounts. And if...
i'm a ece 2013 passout,Is there any certification courses that will provides money monthly after the completion of the course. plz reply me with your kind heart.........
https://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblo...Great+Discoveries+Channel:+Sci,+Space,+Tech.)