Install Custom Linux kernel "pf-Kernel" & get better Desktop Performance.

pf-Kernel is a Linux kernel fork which provides you some awesome features which are not included in mainline Linux Kernel. "pf" stands for "Post Factum", Author's nick-name.

[​IMG]

Some popular patchsets are :

- #-Link-Snipped-# : Supports multi numbers of Swap Partitions & files.It also has ability to cancel hibernating.Image compression (LZF-recommendable),Multi-thread compression & I/O.Can use normal files instead of SWAP.Nice UI.

- GitHub - stec-inc/EnhanceIO: EnhanceIO Open Source for Linux : A driver coded on the basis of EhanceIO SSD caching software derived from FB's Opensource project #-Link-Snipped-#.

- Budget Fair Queueing (BFQ) I/O Scheduler : With this patch the disk would be virtually responsive as it was idle. (CynogenMod has this by default).It will improve system responsiveness in huge amount.(Liquorix Kernel has this feature)

- ck patchset with Brain Fuck Scheduler (yeah! that's the abbreviation of BFS) CPU handler.

Download Source : #-Link-Snipped-#
or #-Link-Snipped-#

GitHub Link : #-Link-Snipped-#

For more information visit official website : #-Link-Snipped-#

Source : Webupd8

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Update : I have tested pf-kernel in Gnome Ubuntu 13.04, Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS & Xubuntu 13.04.
    And I have seen major difference in Performance & overall I found a lot better than mainline Linux kernel even though zram feature is not available in pf-kernel.
    To standalone Linux users, I will definitely recommend them to use pf-kernel rather than stock kernel.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys, i think you all remember me i am narayana let me say this in my way as simple as possible i am a electrical and electronics engineer and...
I see that exams are going on in most of the colleges and Universities in India. I'm curious to know by what date do the semester exams get over for...
Just curious to know if there's a quick and dirty way to run uBuntu apps on Mac OSX? I've heard of a program called WINE which allows running Windows Programs...
The Google IO keynote was amazing. I watched the whole keynote on live stream and was amazed at every new announcement. What made me jump was the release of Google...
An 18-year old girl named Eesha Khare from Saratoga,California has won a $50,000 prize at ISF (International Science Fair) for creating a device (with the help of nano-technology) which can...