Innovative re-CAPTCHA Alternatives - Ideas Invited

Automated registration bots are a big pain in the a$$ for any web administrator. To prevent the spam bots, we use re-CAPTCHA (human verification technique), but they prove to be a big problem for users filling out registration form.

Can we think of a system which will identify humans? I'm inviting innovative re-CAPTCHA replacement ideas.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Yes Somewhere i saw that they are asking to complete simply formula like 2+3 = 5. Don't know is it better then CAPTCHA or not. And also sometimes they are asking to enter the particular string it may be on HOME page or somewhere else but user can easily find out it.
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    How is it ?
    If a user have to draw a simple picture after watching the above picture.If the picture matches(Approx) it will be allowed otherwise not.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Another one is using a Drag and Drop Captcha... ๐Ÿ˜€ That would be more hard for spam bots to go through... ๐Ÿ˜€
    More info: #-Link-Snipped-# ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    I like the simple math captcha the best.

Or how about a negative form element? By that I mean a form element (say a text box) in your registration form, which you are NOT supposed to fill. If that form element is filled, then its either a bot or a user who does not read instructions.
  • sookie
    sookie
    @Big K: Why it is a big problem for users filling out registration form ?
    @kidakaka: Are you sure, adding a text box [with no value required"] really solve the purpose of having a captcha ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sookie
    @Big K: Why it is a big problem for users filling out registration form ?
    @kidakaka: Are you sure, adding a text box [with no value required"] really solve the purpose of having a captcha ?
    Simple catpcha's aren't a problem. But re-CAPTCHAs are a problem. Sometimes it's very hard to get through. Here on CE, the bounce rate on registration page goes up by 5% with re-captcha enabled.
  • sookie
    sookie
    The_Big_K
    Simple catpcha's aren't a problem. But re-CAPTCHAs are a problem. Sometimes it's very hard to get through. Here on CE, the bounce rate on registration page goes up by 5% with re-captcha enabled.
    Ah 1 I meant re-captcha only.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    praveenscience
    Another one is using a Drag and Drop Captcha... ๐Ÿ˜€ That would be more hard for spam bots to go through... ๐Ÿ˜€
    More info: #-Link-Snipped-# ๐Ÿ˜‰
    cool 1 ,๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    goyal420
    cool 1 ,๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thanks, and yeah, lets implement it for DA! ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have an old scooter engine (+ the scooter ๐Ÿ˜›) and I wanna run it on pure ethanol for a project. On my research on the internet, I found that...
Dear Engineers, I'm a final year chemical engineering student and i will have my final year project (FYP) this semester. I have been given a general title of Modelling of...
Man creates kinetic sculpture that moves and lives on its own. Man creates kinetic sculpture that moves and lives on its own. [VIDEO] - StumbleUpon
what is mean sea level. (M.S.L.)
Anyone can help me in writing a coding to control the firing angle of SCR in microcontroller like PIC and displaying the delay on LCD?