Innovative Final Year Project Idea: Mobile Controlled Irrigation System

I firmly believe that engineers should work on solving problems for the people who can't afford technology. Mobiles are ubiquitous and I think given the widespread of networks all over the world, it would be really critical for engineers to focus on innovative uses of mobiles. Getting back to the topic, I think final and third year engineering students can work on developing mobile based solutions for farmers. One such concept has been developed by RealTech Systems. (Visit: #-Link-Snipped-# ) I think there's a lot of scope for improvement and it can be your engineering project.

The idea is simple: Give the farmers ability to control their complete irrigation system through mobiles. We aren't looking to develop sophisticated android/iOS apps, rather a system that works with any low end phone using basic, easy to operate commands.

Couple of ideas from my mind for development of a system that will -

1. Enable farmers to dial specific number at specific intervals and turn on/off the system.

2. IVRS based system (in local language, of course) that will provide options to the farmers to operate, turn-on/off specific systems in the farm from any remote place.

3. Total control over electric consumption through mobile.

Think about it and post your own ideas. If you're a group of students interested in picking up this project, share your own thoughts on how this system can be implemented and improved?

Replies

• agneesa dorri
    agneesa dorri
    hey

ur idea is great ... did u start working on this??
    what if i take it as my final year project ?? I m doing electrical engineering and want to do project in field of dsp .. i think it is related to it

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple's never been so open about the kind of hardware they use 'inside', except for the processor, screen etc. I searched a bit online and found that iFixit folks have...
Hi, We usually connect internet on laptops/PC using internet connection of a mobile. Is there any method of connecting vise-verse. I mean, I am using a data card on my...
Sir, I had got the permission for doing my final year project in precision tools company.....Now kindly, I want some guidelines for do my project successfully..And I am also except...
Japan's second biggest telecom operator has just launched Android powered phone called INFOBAR C01. Here are the technical specifications of the phone: - 3.2" Display that operates at 854×480 px...
I am about to start my second semester; I know it is probably a bit early to start on projects, but I do want to start on something before I...