Inherent capacity of transformer

A transformer has an inherent capacity of withstanding 150 % over load. What does that inherent capacity exactly mean?

Replies

• hsirah5
    hsirah5
    Generally a transformer is designed to handle an estimated amount of load. But over a period of time, the loads connected to it increases and sometimes the transformer is subjected to considerable amount of overload (even for a few hours). It is not possible to keep re-installing the transformer often as per the occasional increase in loads. Thus the transformer is expected to handle a certain amount of this "overload" condition without any abnormalities. This capability is termed as inherent overload capacity.

I hope this answers your question. ๐Ÿ‘ Do let me know if the answer is not clear.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Its gud here in SVNIT. It was Question 2.... which i mean....!!!
I am an HVAC technician with a "residential, light commerctal & commercial, as well as a universal technicians license" who hasn't practised for many years and would like all the...
hi.. i dont know whether im asking a relevant question here. but, i need help. for the elective subjects, is it advisable to take a minor subject from other feilds,...
Wanted civil engineer for a reputed private company. Interested ones can mail there resume on sagar.construction7@gmail.com. Site at ultratech cement awarpur,dist:chandrapur maharashtra. Experience - 3yrs and above. Salary range- 25000-30000.
how to design 3.3v power supply using 7805 for ARM processer.?