Infrared Detectors!!

Hey,I am pretty new to electronics.
I plan to make a line follower with obstacle avoidance for which I would need an infrared emitter detector..
This is what I already know..The ir emits rays that strike an obsatcle and the reflected rays fall upon the detector which is a photodiode.considering the fact that a photodiode works on reverse bias where breakdown occurs and the reverse current is generated.(electric signal)
Now what I want to know is what happens to this reflected ray..???What does a photodiode do to it???
Does it have any specific voltage like (say 1.7volts or something)??
PLZ REPLY!!![​IMG]

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    I think you have answered it yourself

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

[FONT=Courier, Monospaced]Hi, Guys [/FONT] [FONT=Courier, Monospaced]We are groups of PHP enthusiasts who are organizing Pune's first *PHPCamp*. [/FONT] [FONT=Courier, Monospaced]PHPCamp is an 'ad-hoc gathering' for PHP community. It similar to...
Sorry I use dial up connection. Due to the very slow loading I didnt chk where I am posting.I am posting this in other engineering trades.:smile:
DELL Dimension E521 Windows Vista Home Premium. Is there any way of telling if its 32bit or 64bit from the CoA label ? All it says is Vista Home Premium...
Hi all, Its nice to see such a group. Now you guyz help me out. I have got a job offer from LSI Corporation,Bangalore for VLSI. I have 2 years...
pls give some new seminar topics