Information Thread

I'm willing to do PG in Engineering. I wanted to know how to apply for GATE & GRE. I have some questions:

1.What are the exams i need to take to study abroad? & How/Where should i apply?
2.What will be the Fee-structure for PG(both GATE & GRE)? & How to arrange heavy amount?
3.Can i use old GRE Books for new scheme of GRE? & How to prepare/score well in GRE?
4.What are the restrictions for applying GATE & GRE?
5.What is the Question Paper Pattern in GATE & GRE?
6.How many years of preparation is required? Which is the suitable time for writing those exams?

Any Links where i can get some good information.

Replies

• gretaker
    gretaker
    Hello

I am a fresh grad myself & don't know the exact details but will tell you what I have come to know.

1. If you want to go for an MS in the US then you have to appear for GRE + TOEFL. You can get all the info at the official site as under:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

2. You'll have to research for the fee structure. Don't know much other than the fact that State universities demand a lower fee. I am myself researching about the scholarship criteria.

3. You can refer to old books but make sure that you practice sufficient questions as per the revised pattern. ( Again refer to the above link for all the material + differences in old & new pattern ).

You'll find answers to all your queries at the GRE site.

I do not know about GATE requirements. I suggest you visit the sites for the IITs.
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    thanks gretaker; but i didn find any suitable information in that link.
  • SheldonCooper
    SheldonCooper
    First read all the posts under 'Post Graduate Entrance exams' here.You will find many links as well required info here.Also google for a blog named 'inspirenignite' you will find detailed information about GATE and many such exams for mtech.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am starting this thread with a hope of studying some technical puzzles. I am starting with a simple question, and I will start increasing difficulty level as we advance....
hi friends,can any one tell me the RF applications of graphene devices.its urgentplease reply immediately.
what are the apllications of plasmonics in electronics and communication field? or in any other fields
Hey ppl i come across this series and coudnt able to find the solution. The series is: 2 2 5 11..... Whats the next term????
hi frnds , i am new to CrazyEngineers.this is geethika 4th btech.i need help in choosing my project .so plz send some projects so that i would select from them.