induction generator

why we r connected capacitor bank in delta not in star. explain??

Replies

• aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Thestar connection should suppress any third harmonics that are balanced among phases because they are "zero sequence". i.e. if the current waveform on all three phases are identical, then the first harmonics are 120 degrees apart (positive sequence),the 2nd harmonics are 240 degrees apart (negative sequence), 3rd harmonics = 360 degrees apart (zero sequence).360 degrees apart implies being "in phase".and if you have three identical in-phase currents feeding the neutral, they must sum to zero, they must all be zero.
    The capacitors are used to bring the power factor to unity or near unity. Thus, it aims at removing the harmonics. According to the above explanation, we do not have to use the capacitor bank due to it. But my opinion is that it is theoretical. We cannot have a balanced star connection.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

im using tms470r1b1m controller for my project.i need an ADC for processing the analog input. in iar workbench,i had configured the registers but the code is not working. code is...
Dear CEans, In a friendly discussion with fellow member Manish (a.k.a goyal420), we were talking about the importance of engineers to know more and more about strategies, especially business strategies....
I just love the look of CE using uBuntu font in uBuntu 10.10. I wonder we've anyone else using uBuntu 10.10 and the Firefox default font set to uBuntu?
hi, can anybody suggest me some good algorithms or paper for generation of nonce such that the nonce can be generated using time value i.e. at a particular time, by...
Hi everyone, I have finalized my project, that is a device to count the number of vehicles entering a building from but it need to be wireless. From the main...