Indian Government To Take Action Against Facebook & Google

Earlier the Government said that they will take action against the networking giant and search giant for the objectionable content in their databases: #-Link-Snipped-# , now Governmen has sanctioned prosecution against these two major websites.

What do you think; what's happening in India?

Replies

• Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Heh ... some impacts of stopping Google, FB, etc -

Google -
    • B-school students will not be able to complete their assignments on time
    • IT companies will not run because programmers could not copy-paste code
    • SEO organizations go bankrupt
    • Google stock goes down due to the loss in adword revenues
    FB -
    • Employees now actually work in offices
    • People now actually meet their friends to poke and punch them
    • Digital marketing would become distant future
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Jokes apart, doing this in India would bring down the sanctimonious wrath of the Indian intelligentsia, not to mention the horrors it will trigger across the world. These things were frowned upon in Egypt, China ... in India it can bring the economy down.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kidakaka
    FB -
    • Employees now actually work in offices
    • People now actually meet their friends to poke and punch them
    • Digital marketing would become distant future
    #respect!

kidakaka
    Jokes apart, doing this in India would bring down the sanctimonious wrath of the Indian intelligentsia, not to mention the horrors it will trigger across the world. These things were frowned upon in Egypt, China ... in India it can bring the economy down.
    Do you think so? The Indian intelligentsia is the one who likes to roar from the cozy walls of cubicles. If no one listens, they go back to the work. Recent classic example is Anna Hajare's fast at MMRDA ground, Mumbai. 😨
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    I should have mentioned that most of the folks that I consider intelligentsia are libertarians, who are not as moved by Anna and his fast. Perhaps, we can discuss Anna and his fast in another thread.

But, what the government is planning to do is curtail individual freedom/privacy. The minute these things start affecting me (as an individual), I will choose to shift locations than bear this. As a citizen, I am already being shown doctored media in the paper, television, radio ... now the internet?

Thanks. But Ill shift to a different country than bear this.

Or set up a proxy server.
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    To be frank we have become slaves to google. I think people can survive without facebook , but without google , only the real talents can survive.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ursplfrnd
    To be frank we have become slaves to google. I think people can survive without facebook , but without google , only the real talents can survive.
    That could be a separate discussion. 😀

I wonder what will be Government's stand against Facebook & Google? Google and FB can prove it that 'technically & manually' it's impossible to screen content from appearing in their databases.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We regularly get queries from students looking to buy laptops for the best configuration. The major focus is on going for a faster processor, even at a higher price. For...
CEans, We're happy to introduce a brand new section on CE Forums dedicated to power plants. This section will host all the discussions right from constructions of power stations to...
We've a great new section for our Civil & Structural engineers to discuss skyscrapers & supertall structures. Discuss the mega-structures that fascinate us and proudly stand as man's biggest creations....
Our Civil & Structural Engineering forum was incomplete without a place to discuss the infrastructure and transportation projects. We're happy to announce this brand new section which aims to fill...
Hi friends i need all the information about top 30 software companies in India and also their recruitment process,basically now am in 4th B.Tech CSE with 78 % aggregate including...