Indian Government May Ask Google, Skype & Others To Setup Servers In India

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Looks like Indian Government has someone who's taking his/her job very seriously. After getting RIM (the makers of Blackberry) to get down on knees and agree to all its terms & conditions of setting up servers in India; one government official has said that the government will not do any discrimination among companies. Companies like Google & Skype will be asked to setup their servers in India.

If the companies do not agree to Government's conditions, they'll have to shut down operations in India.

I wonder what effect would this decision will have on companies trying to capture Indian market. What do you think about this decision? Is this the right thing to do; considering that servers setup in India will grant full access to the government; and help in security?

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Yes. I think there is nothing wrong in this. After all, the Indian market is one which cannot be easily ignored by any company.

And, the government is not asking for the technology. It's only asking for a better framework securitywise, so that,
    when there is a security issue, we have something to fall back to. Any way which the above companies feel will let the government
    have its way with lawful access without compromising its proprietary technology should be good enough.

After all, we cannot neglect security at any cost, right?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Source: https://www.indianexpress.com/news/hari-prasad-to-present-his-evm-paper-at-chicago/674796/ Mr. Hari Prasad, who was arrested few days ago got bail and is ready to present a paper on hacking Indian EVM in Chicago. The annual conference is...
Source: Engine problem prompts US Toyota Corolla recall | News | The Engineer Leading Japanese car maker, Toyota will recall ~1.3 million Corolla & Matrix models manufactured between 2005-2008 sold...
I usually use my cellphone in an elevator/lift and I always encounter problems with my signal. My call will either be dropped or the experience poor voice quality. What are...
what are the things that i need to consider in implementing leaky cables in In-Building Solution? In the design I will not be utilizing antenna since I will replace it...
Hello friends, I try to write a program for stop watch with the help of applet(not swing) and thread. I completed to make the thread for this check out this...