increasing the quality of posts on CE

ok, this has been taken up many times- but i think i have figured out a 'might-work' solution.
Honesty
If every CEan can remember that they are on a technical forum and they are meant to discuss technical things - things would improve.
AKD just 'liked' 2 posts of mine ( see- I do post sometimes ๐Ÿ˜›), and i felt nice about it.
If you can be honest in not accepting 'like' for non techincal posts ( except in few instances), may be the worth or motivation you get a 'like' might just increase.

Do you want to try it out?
1. 'like' only those posts which increase the worthiness of ones time on CE
2. accept only those 'likes' for posts which deserve to be liked?

what say?

PS: I am not offending anyone here. If anyone feels so - take this as a disclaimer

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Can we accept likes? If we don't want some post of us to be liked (!!??), can we do something about it? I dont think so..

The first point, however, can definitely be implemented, with the help of all members of CE, of course.. I 'like' that point!! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've noticed people have be clicking 'like' button because it's fun to click on it. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    I've noticed people have be clicking 'like' button because it's fun to click on it. ๐Ÿ˜
    I have a suggestion to add button "Helped" people will pressed it if anyone really helps him/her. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ SS - i thought that visitor message which pops up implies you are accepting the like. As you said I think its not possible.
    But atleast three of you seem to be interested in doing the right thing here.
    I believe appreciating others is important- no doubt. but deviating heavily from the main purpose of the forum - thats a big no - no. Appreciating someones contribution in a techincal section and soemtimes in chit chat is Ok. If i were to do anything - i would have insisted on this point.
    but since there are other 1000s of users apart from me, it is as well their choice ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    durga
    ok, this has been taken up many times- but i think i have figured out a 'might-work' solution.
    Honesty
    If every CEan can remember that they are on a technical forum and they are meant to discuss technical things - things would improve.
    AKD just 'liked' 2 posts of mine ( see- I do post sometimes ๐Ÿ˜›), and i felt nice about it.
    If you can be honest in not accepting 'like' for non techincal posts ( except in few instances), may be the worth or motivation you get a 'like' might just increase.

Do you want to try it out?
    1. 'like' only those posts which increase the worthiness of ones time on CE
    2. accept only those 'likes' for posts which deserve to be liked?

what say?

PS: I am not offending anyone here. If anyone feels so - take this as a disclaimer
    Good Solution Durga but I think giving likes to non - technical forums do not effect the technical section.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Nice point durga...i have been noticing the same thing. I mean its a engineering forum, we should get more technicality here. People come here for solutions/help in their engineering related problems. We should emphasis more on technical sections and as durga said we have more than 95000 members, so everyone's thinking does matter.

P.S.: No offense anyone, i know i am also one of the culprit for not contributing much technically....๐Ÿ˜‰, but still i can at least suggest about it....๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mazda is one of the most popular brands in the Japanese market and its charm prevails in other global markets too. For quite a while this 5th largest Japanese automaker...
News Corp is one of the big names in the media. They purchased MySpace back in 2005 for cool $580 million and now they are willing to sell it only...
In case you missed our VoiCE coverage, SETI project has shut down because of lack of funds. You may however donate and bring the project back to life and help...
I believe we've discussed this point multiple times. I'm starting this thread to bring to attention the way of providing feedback to other users who are new to forums. 1....
Here is a Lecture on Refrigeration and Airconditioning by Prof.M.Ramgopal from the Department of Mechanical Engineering IIT Kharagpur. Discuss this topic with fellow mechanical engineers, share your ideas, ask questions...