increasing efficiency without cooling system

can an automobile work without a cooling system?

Replies

• juma1987
    juma1987
    I think the BIG problem with the heat is the material of wich the engine is build of, anyway for a heat machine, the bigger the difference between hight and low temperature the better the efficiency 😒
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yes, however an air cooled motor is limited in size and capability due to the necessity of needing surface area for cooling fins to dissipate the heat generated by the motor. They also cannot be as finely tuned as an internal cooled motor due to stress tolerances caused by heat fluctuation. Even most but the smaller air cooled motors still require a cooling fan. This assumes you are dealing with an ICE running on a two or four stroke system.
  • antenna
    antenna
    Air Cooled engines were always a fascination for Soichiro Honda,founder of HONDA.RA302 which caught fire in F1 (1968) had a air cooled engine.(Many blamed the air cooled engine to be the culprit) Honda always had thought Air cooled engines were the future.Actually the efficiency would be more but disadvantages outgrows the advantages.Making naturally aspirated engine with today's kind of pollution norm would be a miracle.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am always confused when i see people do things what are meant to be done or instructed to be correct or are ot be done. For eg: -attending meetings....
Wordpress lovers - Wordpress is planning to release the first beta by late October '09 end, according to Wordpress Official Blog. Wordpress 2.9 is likely to make a debute in...
Ventura, the International Business Plan Competition, is back in its new avatar, VENTURA '10! It's bigger and better and more widespread than ever before! It broke international barriers last year...
using water as coolant in automobiles makes the vehicle bulky and decreases the efficiency.don't we have an alternative for water?can we use some specific derivative of methane in place of...
Looks like we've (yet-another) iPhone killer lined up in December 2009. The phone 's called DROID by Motorola. Following are Droid's available specs - 5 Megapixel Camera OMAP3430 processor Slideout...