In-Flight Mobile Use - What's Recently Changed About Communication Systems?

Europe will now allow in-flight use of electronics throughout the flight - right from take off to landing. I'm curious to know what's changed with the flight electronics & communication devices that now safely allows use of mobile phones?

Would really appreciate all comments.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    It is not communication revolution mate. You will not be able to use your mobile to make call and stuff.

In flight electronics can access WiFi which can be got from the flight itself. The flight will allocate a separate bandwidth for users to do so.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - They indeed will allow passengers to make and take calls during landing and take off. Earlier they'd ask users to switch of their phones at the time of landing and take off.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I first ignored SnapChat thinking it was just another 'me-too' version of WhatsApp. But when Facebook is willing to bet $3 billion on them; SnapChat is definitely something we can't...
I was looking at the stats and found that 'Like' is the only post rating we all have been using and the usage of other post ratings like 'Agree', 'Disagree'...
When Batman rides his car-cum-weapon on his way to save Gotham City, young and old alike dream of owning it. Called the Batmobile - the super configurable car was an...
A lot of people are seen prepping their LinkedIn profiles or About.me page or even their Facebook pages when they are applying for jobs in a new company. Especially experienced...
The united states was the first into the market to sell its first genetically engineered food product'tomatoes' in the market in 1994. Genetically modified foods are food whose genetic materials...