CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Ankita Katdare • 07 Jun, 2015
IES or Engineering services exam is taken by thousands of aspirants each year. We need to build a repository of the best book books for different subjects of the IES Mechanical syllabus.

If anyone of you has any recommendations about the mechanical engineering reference books for IES 2015 OR IES 2016 syllabus, please post them below.
@Ankita Katdare • 10 Dec, 2015 So, here are some top titles for IES Mechanical Engineering preparation -

1. Fundamentals of Classed Thermodynamics - Van Wylen
  2. Heat Transfer - Gupta Prakash
  3. Heat and Mass Transfer - R. Yadav
  4. Fluid Mechanics - D.S. Kumar Cengel & cimbala
  5. Energy Conversion - Sukhalmoy
  6. Material Science - WD Callister IP Singh
  7. Environmental Pollution Central Engineering C S Rao
  8. Surveying and Levelling - T P Kanetkar
  9. Mechanical Vibrations - V.P Singh , G.K. Grover
  10. Heat Conversion - Arora & Kundwar
  11. Manufacturing Science - R K Jain
  12. Thermodynamics - R Yadav
  13. Theory of Mechanics - S S Rattan
  14. Theory of Mechanism and Mechanics - Jagdish Lal.
  15. Mechanic of Solids - Popru
  16. Manufacturing Science - Ghosh and Malik
  17. Operations Research - A.M. Natarajan, P.Balasubramani
  18. Manufacturing Technology - P N Rao
  19. Production Manangement - R K Jain
  20. Principles of Manufacturing Material & Process - Campbeu
5.9k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · Oct 10, 2014

It's common knowledge that when Xiaomi Redmi 1S arrived in India, the news of its launch spread like wildfire. The flash sale model on Flipkart was a big hit and...
11.2k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Mar 31, 2015

Looks like Microsoft's invading Cyanogen's Android roots. The latest nightly of CM12 has some interesting information for you - that it's Powered By Microsoft. Microsoft has even managed to put...
6.7k views

@gayathri devi.u · Aug 5, 2011

hii... CRAZYENGINEERS, I want some innovative idea in civil engineering. I just want to innovate something related to CE. if u can i need ur help, if u help me...
6.9k views

@SAJAL MAURYA · Feb 2, 2015

mam, plz tell latest IES syllabus for electrical branch...also tel what it takes to crack this exam? Should we keep attempting it in the hope of cracking it?
19.5k views

@Dastan4eva · May 24, 2015

So this is a fairly common question in interviews . I'd like your views on how to tackle the situation when you really don't have a hobby or don't know...
5.4k views