Important IES Mechanical Engineering Reference Books

IES or Engineering services exam is taken by thousands of aspirants each year. We need to build a repository of the best book books for different subjects of the IES Mechanical syllabus.

If anyone of you has any recommendations about the mechanical engineering reference books for IES 2015 OR IES 2016 syllabus, please post them below.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    So, here are some top titles for IES Mechanical Engineering preparation -

1. Fundamentals of Classed Thermodynamics - Van Wylen
    2. Heat Transfer - Gupta Prakash
    3. Heat and Mass Transfer - R. Yadav
    4. Fluid Mechanics - D.S. Kumar Cengel & cimbala
    5. Energy Conversion - Sukhalmoy
    6. Material Science - WD Callister IP Singh
    7. Environmental Pollution Central Engineering C S Rao
    8. Surveying and Levelling - T P Kanetkar
    9. Mechanical Vibrations - V.P Singh , G.K. Grover
    10. Heat Conversion - Arora & Kundwar
    11. Manufacturing Science - R K Jain
    12. Thermodynamics - R Yadav
    13. Theory of Mechanics - S S Rattan
    14. Theory of Mechanism and Mechanics - Jagdish Lal.
    15. Mechanic of Solids - Popru
    16. Manufacturing Science - Ghosh and Malik
    17. Operations Research - A.M. Natarajan, P.Balasubramani
    18. Manufacturing Technology - P N Rao
    19. Production Manangement - R K Jain
    20. Principles of Manufacturing Material & Process - Campbeu

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mam i have just passed class 12th and will take admission in one of the nit's or bits but i want to fill the branch in counselling accordingly.. . I...
Xiaomi Mi Band, the fitness tracker wearable device from the Chinese manufacturer has been quite popular among Indians ever since it was introduced. A large portion of the success is...
Lybrate.com is India's mobile first platform that aims to makes healthcare delivery rapidly accessible to millions of Indians. Founded by Saurabh Arora and Rahul Narang in 2013, Lybrate is one...
The app management problem is growing and it's more serious than it appears. If you don't know what I'm talking about - tell me how many of you quickly remember...
Google will not charge any transaction fee on Google Pay transactions. The transaction fee, for Apple Pay is 0.15% of the transaction value. Looks like the competition among the payment...