Image Processing based Smart Surveillance System.

Project Abstract / Summary : Image Processing Based Smart Surveillance System detects the presence of any foreign or dynamic object in field of region of a Camera and intimates us in form of an SMS to the predefined numbers.

Input : Images, using web camera.
Image Processing : Using Matlab code in Personal Computers.
Micro-Controller : Atmel Xmega A3BU
Output : In the form of SMS sent via GSM processor.
Algorithm:
Using Sobel Edge Detection algorithm a matlab code is written in a personal computer. A web camera is interfaced with this computer to capture the frames, and save in the video format(avi format). Each frame of the video is compared with its previous frame, if it detects any foreign or dynamic object it sends the data to micro controller Atmel Xmega A3BU. The micro controller is interfaced with the GSM Module, when the micro controller receives the data, it activates the GSM Module and the GSM Module will send the alert in the form of SMS to the given set of mobile numbers.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : By this project we can alert the people only when their is a foreign or dynamic object present in an isolated area. We need not to have continuous monitoring the recording video over night. This project overcomes the drawbacks of the previous version CC Camera technologies.
Our aim is to catch the thieves on the spot of theft.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: B. V. Raju Institute of Technology
City: Narsapur
State: Telangana
Participating Team From: Third Year

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Round II Project Entry:

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Whatsapp has started pissing me off already. I can tolerate waking up to 100s of useless forwarded messages from people I hardly interact with, but have to receive messages from...
Newly proposed IIM Nagpur will start accepting applications for admissions for 2015-2016 session. This will be the first ever batch of the IIM Nagpur and about 60 seats will be...
i am currently pursuing my third year in b.e electronics and communication engineering. My passion is to work in a core firm.(preferably vlsi, embedded) . Is it good for me...
Project Abstract / Summary : The objective of this algorithm is to simplify and reduce traffic issues at major busy intersections by proposing a solution which is influenced by the...
I want to download some ppts from google drive. Problem is that I want to download it as powerpoint presentation and not as HTML web page. Any solution? https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxfQqBdt-h66N3V4bVp2Q2VsLXc&usp=sharing