I'm paid very less, suggest career path

Hi,

I have a total experience of 5 years in software industry (2 1/2 as a java developer and 2 1/2 as a manual tester) currently proceeding my career as manual tester. I moved from developer to tester because of heavy work load and i lost interest in coding at later stage. I have very strong knowledge on insurance domain( P & C). I love manual testing and Insurance domain . I am paid very less and want to take my career to next stage..Kindly help me on it. What are different career paths related to insurance..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CrazyEngineers, #-Link-Snipped-# . As I'd guess from the information you've provided, your main domain is software testing and not insurance. It's not clear if you really want to switch from IT (testing) to insurance.

I'd recommend that you should analyse the reasons for you being paid less. It could be that your organisation doesn't pay well for the role that you are currently in. In that case, you will have to switch to a new organisation or simply put your case in front of the right people in your organisation - HR or team leaders or project managers.

I'd guess that you'll have to enhance your skill-set so that more opportunities open knock your door. Without detailed information about your current situation, it's not possible to provide right direction with confidence.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's not clear if you really want to switch from IT (testing) to insurance.
    I believe, she is working on a project from Insurance domain.

Sarupramod
    I am paid very less and want to take my career to next stage..Kindly help me on it. What are different career paths related to insurance..
    I also think the same way. My mentor suggested few stuffs, which I want to share with you.
    1) Increase knowledge as much as possible. It would be directionless if you start learning anything without knowing what is required for you, and like we can agree, it would be a wastage of time as well.
    2) Please go through the job description of the desired job profile of various companies. After doing the same, we would be having a gap which would give us a clear picture of what we have and what is required to achieve the desired position. And our time would be and should be spent to fill that gap. Personally, to me, the portals like Naukri, Monster - They are my checklist of what I posses and what I should posses.
    3) Try to find a mentor who has worked on the same arena. Believe me, they have an awesome set of goals for you, if you have been mentored with a true spirit. With their experience, they can give you happy path and sad path to pursue next in your career.
    4) There would be certainly a happy hike for sure, if you posses the desired profile recruiter are looking for.
  • Sujit.pathak
    Sujit.pathak
    Hi, I may help you with my 5yrs of experience in Testing expertise. This will help both of us mutually.
    Mail me your exact concern - #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - What's the point in asking people to email you when you can write all your responses here? It will help larger community, you see.
  • Sujit.pathak
    Sujit.pathak
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    It's great to see your worthy comment. But always remember that people hesitate to share his weakness, that too when it's asked to share in public. this is exact reason for asking the concern through email.
    I hope you are enough mature to understand this.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

On the morning of its fourth birthday, the Raspberry pi foundation has decided to launch Raspberry pi 3, the worthy successor of the very popular Raspberry pi 2, flaunting the...
Hello everyone , I am OMKAR computer technology student and I want to know some amazing and new topics for my mimi project in this semester. Comments and advice, ideas...
how can i clear my gate exam ?iam doing mechanical engineering 2 year .is this the correct time to start for preparation?
All, I am currently a final year Mechanical Engineering student at the University of Bath and I am in the process of developing a DIY portable wind turbine made from...
All, I am currently a final year Mechanical Engineering student at the University of Bath and I am in the process of developing a DIY portable wind turbine made from...