I'm getting 'registry editing has been diabled by admin' error, how to fix this error

I want to edit my registry,,whenever I type regedit in run dialog,,I'm getting this error. through pendrive, my sys is infected with virus. every folder has the exe,with the name of the folder name itself.๐Ÿ˜•

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Re: I'm getting 'registry editing has been diabled by admin' error, how to fix this e

Seems your system is totally infected. So, first Scan with best updated antivirus and with antimalwares, antispywares.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Re: I'm getting 'registry editing has been diabled by admin' error, how to fix this e

every folder has the exe,with the name of the folder name itself.๐Ÿ˜•
    I think your system is infected by New Folder virus very tough to remove.
    Have you scanned your computer before inserting pen drive?
    Better to use quick heal anti-virus because among all the antivirus i had used until now it is the only one which can detect it and remove it
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs

I did not scanned,,..It is new folder virus only,I clicked that new folder.exe file unfortunately in hurry ..I will try quick heal antivirus,,,
  • optimystix
    optimystix

yes ms_cs . its a virus which infected your system through a usb drive.
    download and install autorun eater and panda usb vaccine.
    both are small and free wares

autorun eater will detect any malicious autorun.inf file. and usb vaccine will vaccinate your usb drives by putting a non modifiable autorun.inf(safe one) in the drives. thus external malwares cannot write to it and thus it serves some amount of protection .

autorun eater will solve the registry, taskmanager and folder options disable problems easily. check the image below to fix it
    #-Link-Snipped-#

no need to scan with anti viruses. most anti virus are not able to remove them. so it may turn out to be waste of time.
    this should solve your problem.
    if not then let us know ,. will tell you more ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs

thanks #-Link-Snipped-# : the technique you said worked...
  • optimystix
    optimystix

your welcome ๐Ÿ˜€

viruses spreading through usb drives are more irritating (but less harmful) than the conventional pc viruses. and these days it's become difficult to do without usb drives. just a little care , like the ones mentioned above helps a lot.
    i hope everyone makes it a point to secure their computers and usb drives ๐Ÿ˜€
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486

his gives back access to REGEDIT :
    #-Link-Snipped-#

maybe this will help
  • optimystix
    optimystix

^^ it is way better and easier doing this using autorun eater.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Java and Robotics, post your views in terms of the following,it will be more interesting fellas.. Possibility : Advantage : Disadvantage : Example Robot Designed or Controlled using Java :...
Hi Guy I am sasuke, 26 year old. from malaysia. Glad to join the team. Hope can learn something new here. Actually i'm electrical field, now i change my post...
Hi, I am doing my first course in communication engineering and i am required to find any open research problem for the topic and solve it. Could anyone please tell...
ThoughtWorks has just sent out following email to newsletter subscribers: Hi, We are delighted to invite you to an interactive seminar called "Architecture - Patterns and Anti-Patterns". We encounter design/architecture...
ThoughtWorks has redesigned its corporate website. The new design sports a glossy black look and lot of cool photos. Look: https://www.thoughtworks.com