IIT Bombay Placements 2014 - Highest Package And Other Statistics

IIT Bombay students see some great placements every year and the batch 2013-14 was no exception to the trend. With more than 250 companies participating in the campus placements at IIT Mumbai, students got a taste of different sectors including - engineering, technology, IT/software/hardware, consulting, research & development, finance, analytics, FMCG, services etc.

Recruiters made around 900 offers and about 1600 students graduating from various academic programmes (B.Tech, Dual Degree, M.Tech., M.Sc., M.Des., M.Phil. and PhD) participated in campus placement. In fact, total 182 students got placed on the very first day.

Around 400 offers were made by the domestic companies including Eaton, Intel, Morgan Stanley tech division, Ernst & Young and Cadbury and all were accepted. Other than these, according to IIT-Bombay - Microsoft, Oracle, LinkedIn, Facebook, Goldman Sachs, Shell and Samsung participated too.

Here is a break down of placement statistics on the basis of the type of organisation -

Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 9.34.51 AM
As per reports, IIT Bombay placements took to new heights when 5 boys of institute got a salary offer of 5 million yen (around Rs 30 lakh). This was amongst the highest international offers from MEC Japan.

We still await the final placements report for 2014, but as and when it arrives - we shall update this discussion thread. Do share your views on the same in replies.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

IIT Madras has been on the forefront of placements in the IITian space when it comes to bagging highest salaries and students getting job offers from dream companies. In the...
3D printing is rapidly finding applications in Civil and Construction engineering. Winsun, a China based company has developed huge 3D printer (about 6.6mx10mx32m in size) capable of printing building blocks...
Quote: Most working professionals these days suffer from what the scientific community calls the sitting disease. And if you don’t believe it’s a real problem, just check out health forums...
Indian Railways have brought a good news for travelers with the launch of a new app called National Train Enquiry System (NTES) for Windows Phone 8 OS. Now frequent travelers...
I am planning to have a laptop. I am a professional and working in Engieering Construction Company. I am a mechanical engineer. My requirements for Laptop are: Fast Processor, HD...