If you're on CE, are you branded as a GEEK by the FREAKS?

Think!
Thought?
Answer...!

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    anoopthefriend
    Think!
    Thought?
    Answer...!
    Or, plain mad?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    anoopthefriend
    Think!
    Thought?
    Answer...!
    Freaky geeks? 👀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Believe me or not - participating on CE makes 'others' think you're 'above average, smart, intelligent' - because I've met several people who think CE's full of technical stuff which is way beyond them! So if at least for those who've checked this website and have left because they couldn't make out much out of it - they think it's meant only for the smartest people.

😨
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    True to a great extent

Now when I go about my class they say 1000+ posts in CE

"He knows every thing" and "What is hard for him ?"

Those idiots fail to understand that I am here to improve myself and each and every day I come here to improve

They don't spend such quality time and they don't have the rights to point fingers at us. It is not our faults and we are not directly from heaven. But we have an additional opportunity to be exposed more to technical ideas and concepts which others don't get
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    People who don't understand you or what you are about tend to brand you.
    Its a good example of human ignorance. I also think its part jealousy.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    CE Designer
    People who don't understand you or what you are about tend to brand you.
    Its a good example of human ignorance. I also think its part jealousy.
    Do you know some thing Mate "If a man is jealous of you, Never be dismayed For he is seeing some thing called the True Blessing in you "

Thanks CE for you are truly a blessing to all CEans
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    The guys in my class, are so ignorant of their own branch of engineering, that they can't even tell the difference between a bolt and a nut.

most of them are facebook junkies.

whenever they see me logging in on CE, they think i am a nerd or something.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    zaveri
    The guys in my class, are so ignorant of their own branch of engineering, that they can't even tell the difference between a bolt and a nut.

most of them are facebook junkies.

whenever they see me logging in on CE, they think i am a nerd or something.
    Being called a nerd is different from being called a geek. Nerds are often considered to be bookworms who keep solving mathematics and answering all the questions in the class, but wouldn't necessarily know more about computer. A geek is more of a computer genius. I personally like being called a geek.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    anoopthefriend
    Being called a nerd is different from being called a geek. Nerds are often considered to be bookworms who keep solving mathematics and answering all the questions in the class, but wouldn't necessarily know more about computer. A geek is more of a computer genius. I personally like being called a geek.
    well thanks for telling the difference between geeks and nerds.

but as far as my classmates are concerned, they don't have to be CEans to be geeks.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    If I get called a nerd or geek then I feel proud actually.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Chemical Engineers are used to being called all sorts (usually derogatory) of names. One more does not matter.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    CE Designer
    If I get called a nerd or geek then I feel proud actually.
    bioramani
    Chemical Engineers are used to being called all sorts (usually derogatory) of names. One more does not matter.
    I am proud of the new name I got it is just one in the huge array of names given by many jerks as well as goodies in my life time

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here we have IBM expert Jeff Jonas explaining about - When can a piece of data provide information that matters? He talks about why it involves taking each transaction, deciding...
So the current trend is to go digital and everything's going digital. The 'paper' is rapidly vanishing from our lives. The good old personal telephone diary has been replaced by...
The US presidential elections are just a few hours away. While those among us who're US citizens will actually vote; I was just thinking if CEans were to vote for...
In designing seismic analysis or windload: What are the effect of slab opening? and how would be this model in structure in order the diaphragm cannot be affected and still...
Warm wishes to Everyone, Hello to, all the members of this community. This is Tarasto graid, a newcomer to this forum. I am here to communicate with all the members...