If you own a company, how will you recruit people?

Let's take a scenario that each of us owns a company. As you might be already aware, among the prime resources that company needs "good employees" top the list, to run it successfully.

Different companies have different ways and modes of recruiting people.
What are the broad things that you would look after while recruiting people?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The first and foremost - their passion for the job & experience. Everything else, I think comes later.
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    I think judging the person's interest in the field would be one of the important factor

You should love and enjoy work you do , and hence would be productive

Experience , Knowledge , Previous Records are secondary factors... 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Interesting video here: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Another interesting article I found on the same site is #-Link-Snipped-#.. All the links at the bottom of the post are worth reading.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I would like if CEans put themselves in the position of CEOs of startups or small companies and say which kind of employees they are looking for. πŸ˜‰
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    Experience depends on the type of job. For me I will see passion for the job and of course personality will matter a lot. Social media sites are also a great way to recruit people online.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    born_star16
    Experience depends on the type of job. For me I will see passion for the job and of course personality will matter a lot. Social media sites are also a great way to recruit people online.
    That's an interesting comment. Let me start another discussion related to this.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    AbraKaDabra
    I would like if CEans put themselves in the position of CEOs of startups or small companies and say which kind of employees they are looking for. πŸ˜‰
    Okay.
    So, I'm the CEO of my Future Organisation.

I would look up for the following in my employees (in no particular order πŸ˜›) :

1. Punctuality
    2. Sincerity
    3. PASSION
    4. Attitude
    5. CORE BASIC Knowledge in the required field.

I think that should suffice for the initial stage. πŸ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Finding the right people is *always* a problem. Every company in the world struggles to get the best talent out there. Startups find it more difficult.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I just need few things...
    1. Passion (Mandatory 100%) - Else, no use!
    2. Knowledge (95%) - The core!
    3. Management (90%) - Time and Resources!
    4. Punctuality (80%) - Even if he's not coming to office or somewhere, he should complete the job.
    5. Sincerity (85%) - No comments! πŸ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, punctuality should be the 'basic minimum expectation' from any professional. However when you're the only one punctual; you'll have to wait long times in empty meeting rooms.

- By experience. πŸ‘€
    The_Big_K
    Well, punctuality should be the 'basic minimum expectation' from any professional. However when you're the only one punctual; you'll have to wait long times in empty meeting rooms.

- By experience. πŸ‘€
    People might take initiative in doing stuffs, What do we call them? Punctual or passionate?
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Logical thinking for one. A certain jump in the step for another.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I have hard recruiters are also looking for Spiritual Quotient (SQ). Earlier people were only interested in IQ and EQ.
  • vinci
    vinci
    Praveen-Kumar
    I just need few things...
    1. Passion (Mandatory 100%) - Else, no use!
    2. Knowledge (95%) - The core!
    3. Management (90%) - Time and Resources!
    4. Punctuality (80%) - Even if he's not coming to office or somewhere, he should complete the job.
    5. Sincerity (85%) - No comments! πŸ˜›
    what about those who dont have this much amount of skills character ?aren't they prove to be an employee?i dont think so .In case any of the above character missed than what happened ?i know CEians wont hire such persons but they are not waste at all .I knows several persons who dong have an attitude like an engineer but working in tcs ,infosys even though they were back benchers in their college.No sincerity at all ,java- a newly heard word for those @ time of placements ,now you all can easily guess what kind of students were they all and are working inn top companies .What was that ?What they were hired if they dont have any qualities a company suppose to have ?
    all theses things are above my head .
    vinci
    what about those who dont have this much amount of skills character ?aren't they prove to be an employee?i dont think so .In case any of the above character missed than what happened ?i know CEians wont hire such persons but they are not waste at all .I knows several persons who dong have an attitude like an engineer but working in tcs ,infosys even though they were back benchers in their college.No sincerity at all ,java- a newly heard word for those @ time of placements ,now you all can easily guess what kind of students were they all and are working inn top companies .What was that ?What they were hired if they dont have any qualities a company suppose to have ?
    all theses things are above my head .
    Well, people with these qualities are okay... πŸ˜€
  • honeyclarck
    honeyclarck
    I recruit people through HR department.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    If I were the Recruiting manager, I'll just look his/her passion/interest for the job, and a very small bit of technical knowledge is Okay. I guess Passion people can always have a passion to learn and to do their job well πŸ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    honeyclarck
    I recruit people through HR department.
    Typical engineer answer πŸ˜›
  • Reya
    Reya
    I will look for passion and logical thinking aloneπŸ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    To remain boss, I should have employees dumber than me!πŸ‘

Err... Will I ever manage to find anyone? 😭
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    To remain boss, I should have employees dumber than me!πŸ‘

Err... Will I ever manage to find anyone? 😭
    It's actually the opposite. You always try to surround yourself with people *smarter* than you!
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    It's actually the opposite. You always try to surround yourself with people *smarter* than you!
    Actually it's better if you are surrounded by smart and intelligent people, they have a lot to give to you.
  • vinci
    vinci
    one should be well mannered,sincere ,active listener as well in this regards
  • Linda.LY
    Linda.LY
    I think hardworking is important. My staff doesn't have to be very smart, but must be industrious and loyal.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    How can we ensure the candidate being recruited is actually hardworking, honest and hasn't faked anything?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I will start with mine When i beat my boss in a chess match , and he said at end "I could have beaten you in first 3 moves, then...
IT major Infosys Technologies will start construction work on its first software development centre in West Bengal, at Rajarhat near here, in three to six months, a top company official...
APGENCO is the largest Power Generating Company of Andhra Pradesh State and is the 3rd largest Power utility (8923.9 MW) in India and has second highest Hydel capacity in theCountry...
APTRANSCO(TRANSMISSION CORPORATION OF ANDHRA PRADESH LIMITED) Is looking for Electrical/Telecom Engineers to work as Assistant Engineers! AGE: Shall not be more than 34 years as on 01.07.2011.Upper age limit will...
Dr. Rajib Mall, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Kharagpur completely explained the Concept of Real-Time POSIX in Real-Time systems. Feel free to share your ideas and ask your...