CrazyEngineers
  • Let's take a scenario that each of us owns a company. As you might be already aware, among the prime resources that company needs "good employees" top the list, to run it successfully.

Different companies have different ways and modes of recruiting people.
    What are the broad things that you would look after while recruiting people?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorDec 20, 2011

The first and foremost - their passion for the job & experience. Everything else, I think comes later.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Gandalf

MemberDec 20, 2011

I think judging the person's interest in the field would be one of the important factor

You should love and enjoy work you do , and hence would be productive

Experience , Knowledge , Previous Records are secondary factors... 😁
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

Interesting video here: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • Deepika Bansal

MemberDec 20, 2011

Another interesting article I found on the same site is #-Link-Snipped-#.. All the links at the bottom of the post are worth reading.
    Cancel
  • Ankita Katdare

I would like if CEans put themselves in the position of CEOs of startups or small companies and say which kind of employees they are looking for. 😉
    Cancel
  • born_star16

MemberDec 20, 2011

Experience depends on the type of job. For me I will see passion for the job and of course personality will matter a lot. Social media sites are also a great way to recruit people online.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

born_star16
    Experience depends on the type of job. For me I will see passion for the job and of course personality will matter a lot. Social media sites are also a great way to recruit people online.
    That's an interesting comment. Let me start another discussion related to this.
    Cancel
  • Dancer_Engineer

MemberDec 21, 2011

AbraKaDabra
    I would like if CEans put themselves in the position of CEOs of startups or small companies and say which kind of employees they are looking for. 😉
    Okay.
    So, I'm the CEO of my Future Organisation.

I would look up for the following in my employees (in no particular order 😛) :

1. Punctuality
    2. Sincerity
    3. PASSION
    4. Attitude
    5. CORE BASIC Knowledge in the required field.

I think that should suffice for the initial stage. 👍
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJan 19, 2012

Finding the right people is *always* a problem. Every company in the world struggles to get the best talent out there. Startups find it more difficult.
    Cancel
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman

MemberJan 19, 2012

I just need few things...
    1. Passion (Mandatory 100%) - Else, no use!
    2. Knowledge (95%) - The core!
    3. Management (90%) - Time and Resources!
    4. Punctuality (80%) - Even if he's not coming to office or somewhere, he should complete the job.
    5. Sincerity (85%) - No comments! 😛
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJan 19, 2012

Well, punctuality should be the 'basic minimum expectation' from any professional. However when you're the only one punctual; you'll have to wait long times in empty meeting rooms.

- By experience. 👀
    Cancel

MemberJan 19, 2012

The_Big_K
    Well, punctuality should be the 'basic minimum expectation' from any professional. However when you're the only one punctual; you'll have to wait long times in empty meeting rooms.

- By experience. 👀
    People might take initiative in doing stuffs, What do we call them? Punctual or passionate?
    Cancel
  • Prasad Ajinkya

MemberJan 22, 2012

Logical thinking for one. A certain jump in the step for another.
    Cancel
  • ISHAN TOPRE

MemberJan 22, 2012

I have hard recruiters are also looking for Spiritual Quotient (SQ). Earlier people were only interested in IQ and EQ.
    Cancel
  • vinci

MemberJan 22, 2012

Praveen-Kumar
    I just need few things...
    1. Passion (Mandatory 100%) - Else, no use!
    2. Knowledge (95%) - The core!
    3. Management (90%) - Time and Resources!
    4. Punctuality (80%) - Even if he's not coming to office or somewhere, he should complete the job.
    5. Sincerity (85%) - No comments! 😛
    what about those who dont have this much amount of skills character ?aren't they prove to be an employee?i dont think so .In case any of the above character missed than what happened ?i know CEians wont hire such persons but they are not waste at all .I knows several persons who dong have an attitude like an engineer but working in tcs ,infosys even though they were back benchers in their college.No sincerity at all ,java- a newly heard word for those @ time of placements ,now you all can easily guess what kind of students were they all and are working inn top companies .What was that ?What they were hired if they dont have any qualities a company suppose to have ?
    all theses things are above my head .
    Cancel

MemberJan 23, 2012

vinci
    what about those who dont have this much amount of skills character ?aren't they prove to be an employee?i dont think so .In case any of the above character missed than what happened ?i know CEians wont hire such persons but they are not waste at all .I knows several persons who dong have an attitude like an engineer but working in tcs ,infosys even though they were back benchers in their college.No sincerity at all ,java- a newly heard word for those @ time of placements ,now you all can easily guess what kind of students were they all and are working inn top companies .What was that ?What they were hired if they dont have any qualities a company suppose to have ?
    all theses things are above my head .
    Well, people with these qualities are okay... 😀
    Cancel
  • honeyclarck

MemberJan 26, 2012

I recruit people through HR department.
    Cancel
  • Sahithi Pallavi

MemberJan 27, 2012

If I were the Recruiting manager, I'll just look his/her passion/interest for the job, and a very small bit of technical knowledge is Okay. I guess Passion people can always have a passion to learn and to do their job well 😀
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberJan 27, 2012

honeyclarck
    I recruit people through HR department.
    Typical engineer answer 😛
    Cancel
  • Reya

MemberJan 27, 2012

I will look for passion and logical thinking alone😀
    Cancel
  • ISHAN TOPRE

MemberJan 30, 2012

To remain boss, I should have employees dumber than me!👍

Err... Will I ever manage to find anyone? 😭
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJan 30, 2012

Issue
    To remain boss, I should have employees dumber than me!👍

Err... Will I ever manage to find anyone? 😭
    It's actually the opposite. You always try to surround yourself with people *smarter* than you!
    Cancel
  • Dancer_Engineer

MemberJan 30, 2012

The_Big_K
    It's actually the opposite. You always try to surround yourself with people *smarter* than you!
    Actually it's better if you are surrounded by smart and intelligent people, they have a lot to give to you.
    Cancel
  • vinci

MemberFeb 5, 2012

one should be well mannered,sincere ,active listener as well in this regards
    Cancel
  • Linda.LY

MemberFeb 5, 2012

I think hardworking is important. My staff doesn't have to be very smart, but must be industrious and loyal.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorFeb 5, 2012

How can we ensure the candidate being recruited is actually hardworking, honest and hasn't faked anything?
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register