If Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars, how do they relate?

I just happened to watch the movie 'What Women want', and a question just struck me: If Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars, how do they relate?

Replies

• maria flor
    maria flor
    It's one of our question in our acquaintance party in Mr. & Miss Universe Reversed.
    As far as I know Venus/ Aphrodite symbolizes women while Mars/ Ares symbolizes Mars/Ares
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    What is it that Women really want from Men??? It's hard to figure out what a women would think. And this is the main step that breaks or makes a relation!

@Maria: Do women really think likewise as in that movie: 'What Women Want'?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Can Anyone provide a positive answer to this question? Really looking forward for an interesting discussion.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Any new takes on this folks?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    anoopthefriend
    Any new takes on this folks?
    Can you share the theory here about why does that statement "Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars" is used so extensively? I've no idea how why that sentence came into being and is always used to describe men and women. I think if you enlighten people like me here, we will be able to discuss why or how they relate. πŸ‘€
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I just Googled to Wikipedia and other places no where I found relation between Men with Mars or Women with Venus😨... Looks like it is just saying that both thinks differently.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    I read a book 'Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus by John Grey'
    It said all about different emotions of the men and women towards each other.
    It also describes the various shades of men/women during different phases of their moods.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    sweet_honey
    I read a book 'Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus by John Grey'
    It said all about different emotions of the men and women towards each other.
    It also describes the various shades of men/women during different phases of their moods.
    Yes exactly. Problems occur in family life because men don't understand women and vice-versa. Each question a man exhibits would be misrepresented by his spouse, and each emotion a woman exhibits would be exhibited as something else by her husnband/lover.

The book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus - by John Gray" clearly describes a hypothetical assumption to solve this mystery. The author enlightens the reader to a concept in which he says that men and women are from two different planets.

Men - being more autocratic, and wanting to prove himself - are a typical example of self-reliance and so are said to be from Mars. Women- who are more on the emotional side, with feelings and thoughts and a helping nature are said to be from Venus. When both men and women converse, they often tend to forget that they are basically different. The author explains in his book how this hypothesis can lead to better family life and love relationships.

This post was actually entitled to those readers who feel that the opposite sex does not understand them. Is it true? Why?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    there is only one saying , that explains it all:

"OPPOSITES ATTRACT"

AbraKaDabra
    Can you share the theory here about why does that statement "Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars" is used so extensively? I've no idea how why that sentence came into being and is always used to describe men and women. I think if you enlighten people like me here, we will be able to discuss why or how they relate. πŸ‘€
    now i will tell you how this sentence came into being

mars is a god of war (according to the mythology), and he has been related to men, owing to the natural aggressive nature of all men.

venus on the other hand is a goddess of beauty and hence has been related to the fairer sex.

In fact have a look at the biological symbols of men and women.

the biological symbol depicting male, actually represents a shield and a spear placed together. the biological symbol depicting females represents a hand-held mirror generally used by women, while grooming themselves.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    anoopthefriend
    Men - being more autocratic, and wanting to prove himself - are a typical example of self-reliance and so are said to be from Mars. Women- who are more on the emotional side, with feelings and thoughts and a helping nature are said to be from Venus. When both men and women converse, they often tend to forget that they are basically different. The author explains in his book how this hypothesis can lead to better family life and love relationships.

This post was actually entitled to those readers who feel that the opposite sex does not understand them. Is it true? Why?
    I think the message behind this is that we need to have some extra patience with the opposite sex and understanding that we are different is the first step. Of course in real life this is more easier said than done. This only comes with practice and if you really care about the person.
    I think what #-Link-Snipped-# said is also true, opposites attract, we love the arguments, we just don't know it......right? πŸ˜‰
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    CE Designer
    I think the message behind this is that we need to have some extra patience with the opposite sex and understanding that we are different is the first step. Of course in real life this is more easier said than done. This only comes with practice and if you really care about the person.
    I think what #-Link-Snipped-# said is also true, opposites attract, we love the arguments, we just don't know it......right? πŸ˜‰
    Yes, that's right. Watching english serials like 'How I met your mother' would be also helpful to analyse modern family-friend life in a western based society. πŸ‘

I'm sure most of the ladies over here would know better about Indian relationships because of the serials they watch (hindi serials on Star). I don't know many men who watch serials.😳 In a malayalam channel, there is a good program that analyses husband-wife relations, it's named as "Veruthe alla Bharya" aka "Wife is not for Fun".πŸ‘€

P.S: Ladies, help me out here and suggest a few good programmes/serials that help in relationship analysis. πŸ˜’.

As surprising as it may sound, #-Link-Snipped-# is an article that I wrote a while ago about some of my experiments with the opposite sex.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    In my humble opinion , I dont see a point in discuss what women want or what someone else want, or how does a relationship work in a Engineering Forum.
    My 2 cents, I think we must go and search for the answer "What I want" rather than understanding what someone wants.That way we achieve what we need from life.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    English-Scared
    In my humble opinion , I dont see a point in discuss what women want or what someone else want, or how does a relationship work in a Engineering Forum.
    My 2 cents, I think we must go and search for the answer "What I want" rather than understanding what someone wants.That way we achieve what we need from life.
    Technology does help (or gets implemented better) when we try to mingle with people - particularly the opposite sex.

For eg: Facebook was born from this ideology of communicating with people -especially women. I'm sure most of us has already seen the movie 'The Social Network'.

Although I've to point out one good thing about the technological advancements in this era:

My mom never used to use the computer. I've tried many times to teach her, but she was not interested (being a woman from the older generation). But today she uses Youtube to 'buffer' and watch her favorite serials which she can't see while she's out working. She has gained that technological betterment because of her interest towards serials. Well, as engineers, we should also understand what other people want so that the next big invention can be made.

eg: How do you think Matrimonial Websites came into being? Do they not include a part of engineering?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Matrimonial sites are begin to make business, they are not for understanding what someone wants.

They are making money, ask the founder what he is trying to do.

And moreover, the Matrimonial sites not only help women and their needs but also for men.
    It is a platform where someone is given freedom to tell what they want. I dont see a point in understanding what a girl in matrimonial site wants, I am just interested in posting what I want, and what are my interests are thats all.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    And moreover , I dont see any business or engineering perspective in all the above posts in understanding what women wants. If there is some business motive, great! No objections. But I havent seen one.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    English-Scared
    Matrimonial sites are begin to make business, they are not for understanding what someone wants.

They are making money, ask the founder what he is trying to do.
    Yes a lot of business is involved, but it's still a part of engineering.

And moreover, the Matrimonial sites not only help women and their needs but also for men.
    It is a platform where someone is given freedom to tell what they want. I dont see a point in understanding what a girl in matrimonial site wants, I am just interested in posting what I want, and what are my interests are thats all.
    Just a reminder that the topic here is "If women are from venus and men are from mars, how do they relate?"- i.e. we are discussing about both men and women, and now just 'what a woman wants'.

And moreover , I dont see any business or engineering perspective in all the above posts in understanding what women wants. If there is some business motive, great! No objections. But I havent seen one.
    This topic is just for better understanding of human perspective. If someone can make a business deal out of it from CE, then great!
  • ms. shruti
    ms. shruti
    πŸ˜²πŸ˜•πŸ˜¨
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well read through your Blog entry ATF

One thhing really amazed me Men at any times find it hard to accept their errors however big or small it is when it involves a woman

PS: I humbly accept I learnt this from experience

And that makes us look warry and more of the aggressive nature This is actually a wrong notion regarding men. Some men (not all Men I make it real Clear) are like sign post capable of guiding people irrespective of their gender into the right path which suits them the most.

But Women ee only the first half in man and come to wrong conclusions just like Venus did in the mythology, They are short sighted only when a trouble involves a man

Other than that they are able to accept all things easily

This makes them warry

PS: This may seem too much and If I offended any do forgive me and you are free to judge me here in CE

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I hope I'm typing this in the right place. I'm trying to build a 4 channel communication system using FM. The system should enable one person to initiate a...
If you wish to find the serial number of your computer, you can easily do so with following commands on the command prompt: wmic bios get serialnumberThe model number of...
Minecraft is a software game about placing blocks to build anything you can imagine. [video=youtube;kn2-d5a3r94]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn2-d5a3r94[/video] The video was uploaded by Youtuve ID halnicholas Here's what he has to say about...
NASA-funded researchers have evidence that some building blocks of DNA, the molecule that carries the genetic instructions for life, found in meteorites were likely created in space. The research gives...
Presently water (treated) is extensively used worldwide in thermal power generation .The three factors mainly in favor of water being 1) abundantly available in nature 2) can be converted in...