If I wake up tomorrow and there is no Google Search...

If I wake up tomorrow and there is no Google, what difference will it make to our lives?
We used to use Google 'primarily' to search things. There are plenty of other search engines out there for our disposal.

I think Google is no more just about 'search'. It may be for our grannys who feel Google is Internet and Internet is Google, but not definitely for the masses. We now go to google for it's other products more than for search. Or am I missing something? What do you feel?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I will check my internet connection first. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well From couple of days I am using Yahoo! instead of Google. Google becomes addiction but I think Yahoo! is not bad. ๐Ÿ‘€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    If I wake up tomorrow and there is no Internet, then that might be something to panic about.. If one fine day, suddenly Google ceases to exist, then some other search engine will take its place and some other company will offer the same solutions that Google did..
  • Oceanliner
    Oceanliner
    If Google went to the history books I would join class: "CS101 - Building a Search Engine", that is free off the web. Within seven weeks my feeble Coogle search engine would appear ready to answer any question with a 404 ๐Ÿ˜จ
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Will go for another one -- Bing or will start reading and finding answers on CE and books ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I will say it is just BSNL problem. The network would return to normal in 1-2 days.

P.S: Even so BSNL is notorious of providing a slow connection full of interruptions.
  • greatcoder
    greatcoder
    If we see that Google suddenly disappears, I think the whole internet society will be in a shock. I am so addicted to google that even if i have to open facebook, instead of typing direct URL, i type facebook in Google ๐Ÿ˜

Google is for the INTERNET, BY THE INTERNET, OF THE INTERNET.
    Google not only is a masterpiece in the field of Web Search but also offer many other free services.
    90% of the people have migrated to GMAIL for web based email services.
    Almost all of use GTALK to chat with our friends and indeed it is one the best chatting application which not gives text based chat but video and audio chat is also quite appreciable.

Considering all the facts mentioned above, I think it is really difficult to imagine our life without Google.

The day is not far when Google will be worshipped by the people on their screens with Agarbattis and soon GOOGLE CHALISA too will be recited by the people to please GOOGLE BABA. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Surely Google is not GOD but not even less than GOD.

Regards
    GC
  • avii
    avii
    Nothing affects me in anyway. Dog pile FTW !
  • ashokkumar11
    ashokkumar11
    greatcoder
    If we see that Google suddenly disappears, I think the whole internet society will be in a shock. I am so addicted to google that even if i have to open facebook, instead of typing direct URL, i type facebook in Google ๐Ÿ˜

Google is for the INTERNET, BY THE INTERNET, OF THE INTERNET.
    Google not only is a masterpiece in the field of Web Search but also offer many other free services.
    90% of the people have migrated to GMAIL for web based email services.
    Almost all of use GTALK to chat with our friends and indeed it is one the best chatting application which not gives text based chat but video and audio chat is also quite appreciable.

Considering all the facts mentioned above, I think it is really difficult to imagine our life without Google.

The day is not far when Google will be worshipped by the people on their screens with Agarbattis and soon GOOGLE CHALISA too will be recited by the people to please GOOGLE BABA. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Surely Google is not GOD but not even less than GOD.

Regards
    GC
    GreatCoder.... Very nice
  • Abhishek Swain
    Abhishek Swain
    Google products are quite user friendly. Talking about Gmail to use with Microsoft Outlook:
    Gmail offers IMAP mail setup which is a must for outlook. But yahoo doesn't.
    I would surely wait for Google to come up again. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    I use yahoo and google and i dont see the difference ๐Ÿ‘Ž
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    #-Link-Snipped-# My ideas differ a bit. If google suddenly disappear, you will make a Yahoo, Rediffmail account the very next moment. There are a lot of service providers out there. PLUS, as the google disappears, so does its patents. So the Gtalk and other features that you are talking about will be provided by some other service provider.

#-Link-Snipped-# The first thing that fascinates human mind is the LOOKS. A Yahoo home page looks rather cluttered while Google home page is Clean and do not contain unncessary mess. Hence makes it easier for human brain to process.

There is nothing in excess!

Next is the search engine facility. Google produces most relevant search results in least amount of time.
    There are many more and the discussion is beyond the scope of this thread.

[โ€‹IMG]

[โ€‹IMG]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey.... I want to controll Stepper motor with At89c51.. and i made simulation in proteus.. and program made in keil . . . but i cant make loop for it.......
I am searching for books on agricultural entrepreneurs and agriculture in general. I want them in Indian context. Those I found were American and I guess not much work is...
Just a few minutes ago, I wrote a brief email to an influential personality who's trying to drive development in central India. I was asked for my ideas and while...
Why is it necessary to use iron core in the LVDT (Linear Varibale Different Transformer)?
Hi, My name is Franck. I am trying to use the RFM70 -D via PIC18F4610 but my knowledge in this area is a bit weak. Basically I do not completely...