If change is for good - what about job loyalty?

This thread is for all - our engineers who are employed and engineering students who are looking to take up jobs.

Job loyalty has its own merits and demerits. You may enjoy additional perks, stability (?) , recognition that you get by being loyal to your job/employer etc. However, in many cases, it results into stagnation, no improvement in skill set over a longer period of time, little exposure to newer job related avenues.

Switching jobs may give you quicker scaling in the corporate hierarchy, higher pay packages (for the same experience level), exposure to newer areas of work etc.

What is your take on job loyalty? Is it overrated in modern times?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The thing I've noticed about being an engineer is, you can build things. I've built what I've assumed is a torsional aerodynamic model of an inertial frame of reference, having...
I am a research student and want to take up something to supplement my income. I know there are many on-line money making options available, but I would like recommendations...
CEans, Please share your tips/tricks on how to begin & end a professional email. I'm looking for the first line [after salutation] that you write in a professional email. Example...
What all could go wrong??😕
Hiii friends I forgot my admin password,currently i'mworking in all users .can anyone help me in tracing the password